Correction: [Mod removed] previous post was wrong tag name sorry.

This [Mod removed] talked my 15 yr old son into purchasing a 49.99 Microsoft point card give him the numbers on back for exchange for his 10th prestige status on MW3. when my son gave him numbers he gave him bogus email. Then he deleted him from his friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a Loser!!!!!!!! Please kick him off forever off XBox Live. My son has 9 messages from him that he can share with whomever needs them to get him off Xbox Live. I am already aware my son shouldn't of done this......BUT he did. Could've happened to any of you. If you are friends with [Mod removed] wouldn't be!!!!! Don't trust him.......

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

calling out game tags is not allowed, all you can do is report that person and block communications with him or her.  and this is what your son gets for trying to cheat by buying 10th level prestige, he has NO sympathy from me or the rest of the LIVE community.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

WOW......funny I called support they told me to do this!!!!! I was giving you all fair warning not to fall in this trap.  Your right he shouldn't have done it BUT the point is he did & I hope it does not happen to anyone else.  I was giving them a warning about this person.

Sorry this didn't help.

I guess I need to keep on original post...my apologies won't happen again.  why did xbox live customer support tell me to go on these forums and post info here for all to see????

Sorry this didn't help.

I am sincerely sorry if I offended any gamers on here.  I do not know much about xbox. my son wanted a 49.99 Microsoft card.  I got him one early for Christmas.  I thought this was common thing on Xbox.  Customer support said it is.  They told me to go on this website and put the game tag and what happened so others will not fall in this trap.  again I did not mean to offend any of you.  I find it odd customer support told me to do this including other things.  

~Just An Upset Mom

Sorry this didn't help.

So let us get this straight. Your son was trying to CHEAT, got scammed and you are upset with the scammer?

First off your 15 year old son should have enough common sense to not give anyone any codes over XBL, especially if they don't know the person in real life. Second, this is what happens when you do not earn your ranks in a legit manner. It is also not condoned by the vast majority of the XBL Community or allowed by MS as per their Code of Conduct. Third, it would never have happened to me because 1-I earn my ranks, 2-I have and use common sense and 3-my friends I know in real life. 

If you want any action taken against the alleged offender you need to FILE A COMPLAINT via the tools on your console. From there the XBL PET will review that complaint and if necessary take action against it. Enforcement action is not instant so be patient.

Sorry this didn't help.