copy or move?

Theres been a lot of posts about people loosing rank/medals/ribbions corrupt files etc. lately. So I want to back up my beta saves. would I be able just to copy the beta save files to a usb or do i have to flat out move the files to a usb? thanks in advance.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Go into storage, go to Cloud Storage and click on it to set it up. Now start up GoW 3, it will then ask where from and select Cloud Storage. Now go play a quick match and then exit. It will then save all your info to Cloud Storage. Exit to the dashboard and everytime you start up GoW 3 select HD and not Cloud Storage.

Anytime you go up more levels or when you want to back it up again go to your memory and delete you old Cloud Storage and repeat the first paragraph again.

I guess it should say go into your memory instead of storage for the first part.

gears 3 will not copy to a usb drive,i know i have tried it.

you may be able to move it,but that doesn`t really solve the problem.

You can't copy a gears 3 save. Just have the usb drive formated and ready to be used then boot up gears 3 and it should ask you to choose a storage device. Choose the usb and it should create an entirely new one.

[quote user="Symbiote Prince"]

Theres been a lot of posts about people loosing rank/medals/ribbions corrupt files etc. lately. So I want to back up my beta saves. would I be able just to copy the beta save files to a usb or do i have to flat out move the files to a usb? thanks in advance.

[/quote]Why do you want to back up you beta saves? Your beta unlocks are tied to your player data and once they have been unlocked you don't need that beta save.

unfortunately, that's not always the case. people have also said they've lost things pertaining to the beta (cole train/flaming weappons) and they cant get them back

I apologize on behalf of everyone for not praising you... just because no one responded to what you posted doesn't mean it goes unnoticed...

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

Go into storage, go to Cloud Storage and click on it to set it up. Now start up GoW 3, it will then ask where from and select Cloud Storage. Now go play a quick match and then exit. It will then save all your info to Cloud Storage. Exit to the dashboard and everytime you start up GoW 3 select HD and not Cloud Storage.

Anytime you go up more levels or when you want to back it up again go to your memory and delete you old Cloud Storage and repeat the first paragraph again.

[/quote] thanks but i was asking about the beta saves, i already did this with the GOW 3 player data to cloud storage.

[quote user="Mr Jer Bear"]

[/quote]Why do you want to back up you beta saves? Your beta unlocks are tied to your player data and once they have been unlocked you don't need that beta save.

[/quote] yes from what EPIC said you do need the beta saves.

[quote user="Mr Jer Bear"]

[/quote] yes from what EPIC said you do need the beta saves.

[/quote]

I was under the impression that once you played GoW 3 that your beta unlocks were then linked to your regular GoW 3 save. I do not think you have to hold onto them forever.