Cool idea about how to make xbox better

I just thought of something really cool. If youre game broke and your getting a replacement but you want to play the game right now what can you do? Nothing right? Well my idea is that once you play a game it should become free in the xbox marketplace so if the disk brakes you can just download it until you get a replacement disk.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

So people can get full games for renting or borrowing?  Yeah, that would be pretty cool for us, but I'm not sure if it would work out for MS or devs.

Alternatively, you can not break your games.

That totally defeats the concept of DRM, and would essentially encourage people to pirate games.

One thing I don't get is why they don't run a hash check during game installation and if you're a gold subscriber the corrupt unreadable sectors are downloaded to complete the install. Most heavily damaged and scratched discs will still easily pass the token key authentication. I already install new games I buy or rent because of the fact a hash check is run for the entire image and if the disk is damaged it won't finish an install. I have exchanged two brand new games because they wouldn't complete an install and saved myself the grief of the game possibly crashing somewhere.

For us consumers that would be awesome.

In business practice that's just stupid.

So...you want to pirate games because you scratched up your disc? ...Yeah...no. That doesn't prove to be fruitful for the game company or Microsoft.

if you take good care of your games it will never broke IMO.

This will NEVER happen.

While it looks good on paper...

Dear Diary, today I'm going to come up with an idea that will destroy the video game industry.

An Xbox that would shoot Hot Tomales at me would be a better idea. As long as they don't implant themselves in my eye while playing, I would enjoy it.