Converted currency is expiring this month not June 2015 for me.

Hi, I was under the impression that the currency added in the conversion from MS points would not expire until June 2015.

I got that impression from the all the games media reports and also from this:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq

---

---

How does this change affect me? 

You’ll use local currency or an Xbox Gift Card (denominated in your local currency), in addition to other current payment methods available in your region, to purchase your favorite content on your Xbox 360. The next time you initiate a purchase or redeem a Microsoft Points card or code on your console with your Microsoft account, we’ll add to your account an amount of currency equal to or greater than the Marketplace value of your Microsoft Points, and your Microsoft Points will be retired. The currency we add to your account at the time of the transition will expire on June 1, 2015. However, the currency you purchase and add to your account after the transition will not expire.

-----

-----

There, I bolded and underlined that part. I just had an email telling me that 87p of my money is expiring in October, so I checked on http://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub and see not only is that in there but there is £1.92 set to expire on 26th of THIS month that I didn't get any email warning about.

-------

I am aware of the Ms Points being promotional for some things you get from Rewards etc but it is a very clear message that has been put out that this currency conversion is going to expire as well. But not until June 2015. So what is up here? Was that just a lie to try and pacify people? You need to change your website if it' giving out false information or stop expiring people's currency and only occasionally sending them a warning about it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

This probably isn't something the forums group can address as we're primarily community members. You'll likely want to contact phone support and have them initiate an investigation.

Currency shouldn't be expiring yet, but there are a couple of things that might have caused a bit of problems. The first that comes to mind is the promotional currency available for Windows Phones from earlier this year. Most promotional stuff usually expires in 6 months to a year. Another reason might be if they were promotional Points to start with - it might have carried the promotional expiration over. I don't think it should, but it's potentially a thing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for responding. There are a string of dates in the commerce section with varying amounts spanning 8 or 9 different dates up to June 2015, which only has about 20p left to expire at that date as things stand.

-------

The email still called it a promotional balance rather than currency, but It looks like the system hasn't changed, they've just changed the promotional balance from points to pounds.

------------

I will try and phone them or email but I think it's just wrong information they've been giving out.

---------------

P.S. It's been what 4 years now since the old forums got wiped and all threads deleted forever and this new terrible thing masquerading as a forum still can't even deal with paragraphs? I was around when they were beta testing them too and the feedback was ignored, it's not a surprise at this point how bad it's gotten for them.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Umo,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your account currency.

It is my understanding that the points in your account prior to the transition would have the June 1, 2015 expiration date. That is only for points that were in your account at the time of transition. Any points or rewards added afterwards would still keep their listed promo expiration.

If you're showing them as different dates on commerce.microsoft.com and the points were in your account prior to the transition to currency, your best option moving forward would be to contact Phone Support to inquire further about your account balance. I would also recommend asking to speak with an Advocacy Agent about your account.

I do see that you spoke with chat support and they directed you here but that was incorrect. You would want to speak with an Advocacy Agent via phone support.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Mister Fizzle, I'm waiting now for the 'higher tier' to get back to me about it but I'm in touch with the right department now :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Awesome umopapisdnpuaq! Glad to hear it!

Let us know how that goes. =)

Sorry this didn't help.

They got back to me about it and couldn't figure out exactly why it happened but have dealt with it acceptably. Thanks for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm really glad to hear they were able to get things sorted out with you Umo.

Happy Gaming! 

Sorry this didn't help.