Controller randomly not working for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racig

When playing Sonic & Sega All Star Racing, randomly the controller won't respond to the green A button, which allows you to use the very important power ups.  I say randomly because it is literally a guessing game as to which of my 4 controllers is going to work.  I've tried restarting the system to see if it would reset them, but all it does is change which controller will work in the game.  Outside of the games all the controllers work fine.  This is a problem even when only 1 or 2 controllers are turned on as well.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Greetings, AlienRose! If I understand correctly this issue only occurs when playing this one title, correct? It also seems like you have tried using different controllers. Are they wired, wireless, or a combination of both? If you attempt to play the game using a different console does the problem reproduce? Keep me posted! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So far it seems to only be for this one title.  I only have wireless controllers and don't know anyone with an xbox 360 to try the game on.  There was only the one controller activated and not working for the one button, after restarting the system it did work again, but the next time we tried to repeat it, it didn't work.  It seems to be a game of roulette as to which controllers are going to work every time the xbox is turned off.

Sorry this didn't help.

So it is now seeming to be the one sign in.  If a control isn't working for the power ups, by simply signing out of my son's account, the same controller now works.  So it looks like we are starting over and hoping the same thing doesn't happen after we have unlocked and accomplished as much as we have.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you've found a resolution, but please let us know if the problem persists. We'd love to help if so. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Another useful tip for all games is to make sure that none of the buttons or joy sticks are being pressed when the game is cut on. Sometimes this changes their 'Default' positions and can cause issues during play. When this happens, a simple reset is required.

Sorry this didn't help.