controller modding?

Hello all and i am sure you and i get fed up as much as the next guy why someone uses a rapid fire mod, i just want to know if it is conserderd as system tampering because i think it is.

there are loads of people on the tube just openly saying thay use one or thay got it for the paint job, yea i have costem painted controllers with NO rapid fire.

i came across this recently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soPMGCiRSws&feature=channel_video_title

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes. Rapid-fire mods is system tampering. I have no problem with cosmetic and case-modding. If you know that kid's GT, report away.

Its tampering but there are also legal rapid fire mods so will those that mod controllers get in trouble? The answer is no.

They will never ban a player for having rapid fire. There are too many rapid fire/turbo controllers that are store bought mixed in with the ones that are not. An entire cottage industry popped up overnight with all the consoles that cater to fully modded and customizable controllers that have pretty colors, pretty lights, and a multitude of programmable fire rates for the discerning gaming enthusiast. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just living in denial or has a mental problem they cannot overcome.

[quote user="ThriLL KapsuLE"]

There are too many rapid fire/turbo controllers that are store bought mixed in with the ones that are not.

[/quote]

This is very true.

I bought a MadCatz Xbox controller (that has rapid fire) for my computer in particular, but I could easily switch it over to the Xbox.

Them getting banned or not its still frustrating

I think the only game that people complain about it are COD games so perhaps try a different game. And honestly it doesn't help them any.

Well the fact that he paid upwards of 150USD for a paint job and a 15USD rapid fire chip makes this a little funny.

There are licensed third-party controllers such as the hori ex2 and street fighter arcade pad that have turbo functions. I also believe there is a modern warfare themed rapid-fire controller licensed by mad catz. And isn't system tampering applicable for the console only as controllers are just peripherals?

I don't think its system tampering as MS have their own version of one. Stealth pad I think its called. But I think its considered as cheating.

I once made one myself years ago. It recked my battery, cooked my pad & my xbox red ringed after a couple of weeks of using it. I not sure if it was the cause but its was running fine before I did it.

Wasn't the smartestthing I've done and throw it in the bin.

Also most game developers write their code to detect rapid pad these days and limit the speed output of the pad withs helps lower the advantage rapid pads give players.

Officially licensed by Microsoft rapid fire controllers are okay to use. It is the unofficial modifications that people make to their stock Xbox controller that are not allowed. Or the ones purchased via modding websites.

The XBL Terms of Service applies to ALL hardware including the accessories for the Xbox 360.

In the end it is up to the Game Developer to limit the fire rate within their games to disallow the use of these types of controllers.