Control Options.

I'm very interested in buying Rage soon, but I would like some confirmation that I can switch the thumbsticks to southpaw configuration.  The more customizable control options the better.

Someone please let me know what the options are in the final game, I thank you in advance.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

There 6 or 7 different confgurations and I believe southpaw controls are one of them.

[quote user="Meshuggala"]

There 6 or 7 different confgurations and I believe southpaw controls are one of them.

[/quote]Thanks for checking it out, but I'm looking for absolute confirmation.  'I believe southpaw controls are one of them', isn't the same as links to the options menus showing without a doubt that southpaw controls are supported and also that they don't flip the triggers for southpaw like they did for Borderlands.

I bought too many games where other people thought there was southpaw controls only to find that there weren't.  I want to buy this game, but I want proof that I can switch the thumbsticks and only the thumbsticks without changing the triggers I'm using to shoot stuff (I shoot with the RT trigger).

[quote user="EvilOak27"]

[quote user="Meshuggala"]

[/quote]Thanks for checking it out, but I'm looking for absolute confirmation.  'I believe southpaw controls are one of them', isn't the same as links to the options menus showing without a doubt that southpaw controls are supported and also that they don't flip the triggers for southpaw like they did for Borderlands.

I bought too many games where other people thought there was southpaw controls only to find that there weren't.  I want to buy this game, but I want proof that I can switch the thumbsticks and only the thumbsticks without changing the triggers I'm using to shoot stuff (I shoot with the RT trigger).

[/quote]

I just looked and there are two controller configurations that switch the thumbsticks (meaning left is for looking and right is for movement) and the triggers aren't switched.

I can't post a pic confirming this as I have no way to take said pic at this time.

I've got to warn you, though. Despite the game's performance, which is good, the environmental textures look like poop.