Content License Transfer Question

Hi all,

My Xbox 360 Pro console's DVD drive has died, so today I bought a new Xbox 360 E 250GB console.

I did the content license transfer and then went to add the items to my que via Xbox.com, however once I went back to my console, the que showed "assigned to other console" beside each item and would not download.

I called and went through Xbox Support, and long story short I'm being told I need to redownload everything from the console as opposed to from Xbox.com.

So to bypass this, I'm using a transfer cable to simply copy over all my content from my former HDD.

My question is, will my content license transfer still be in effect, or since I'm now copying over all my previous content, will it still be assigned to my former console?

Thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi there, you might find some items still assigned to the other console as when you do a licence transfer for it to fully take effect your must re-download the content from the marketplace. Transferring the content via the cable will not count as re-downloading the item so some stuff might still not work offline, it will work online though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="DigitalAssassin"]

Hi there, you might find some items still assigned to the other console as when you do a licence transfer for it to fully take effect your must re-download the content from the marketplace. Transferring the content via the cable will not count as re-downloading the item so some stuff might still not work offline, it will work online though.

[/quote]

Hi DigitalAssassin,

Yup, that part I know.  If I perform the Content License Transfer on my new console _prior_ to migrating my content over, does that waste the Content License Transfer?

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

No. It won't waste a license transfer, but you still have to redownload the content in order to redownload the licenses to your new console.

To remove the "Assigned to other console" message, just queue a download on the website and then select it on your active downloads list on the console by pressing A and choose "Download All Items"

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Smwutches"]

No. It won't waste a license transfer, but you still have to redownload the content in order to redownload the licenses to your new console.

To remove the "Assigned to other console" message, just queue a download on the website and then select it on your active downloads list on the console by pressing A and choose "Download All Items"

[/quote]

That's a relief, thank you.  I'll try that either tonight or in the next few days (swamped at work at the moment).

I'm assuming after redownloading and updating the license, if that doesn't work, I should contact Xbox Support?

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

And it worked!  Thank you!

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.