Constant "We've lost your TV signal"

I have a comcast RNG100N Cable set-top box from Comcast. When I hook it up to the Xbox One for HDMI pass-thru it does not work and constantly shows "We've lost your TV signal". When I first had the console and tried to hook it up, it was mostly a black screen with this message on and off, however now its constant.

I have tried several HDMI cords to go from the cablebox to the Xbox One including the cable from the Xbox One with no luck. However, if I hook up my old Xbox 360 to the Xbox One's HDMI pass thru, it displays a signal perfectly fine, infact I playedf GTA 5 for over ab hour like that with barley noticable lag,

I have tried to enable Power Saving as some users have said and plugging the TV's HDMI cable into the Xbox One's passthru with the Xbox One off and still have no luck. With time I learned how to change the channels source from 1080i to 720p and i still have yet to get it to work, or even show a picture of some sort.

I have also tried to boot the cable box from a cold boot to ensure it wasnt something small and simple, however, still no luck.

Has anyone else had this same issue and got it to work?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 69 Applies to:

Getting the "We've lost your TV signal" message along with video hangs with some throughput on new Xbox One. Using the Comcast Explorer 8300HD with HDMI pass-thru.

Throughput to cable box is excellent (5) and absolutely no issues when not hooked up to Xbox One.

Appears this is a Comcast/Xbox One problem?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD cable/dvr box that runs my live tv. The first night I used the XB1 I had the freezing screen/black screen issue so I searched this forum and found the following suggestions helped:

Settings:

1) TV & OneGuide settings; Power settings; leave all the choices unchecked for now.

Troubleshooting; leave Surround sound (BETA) unchecked for now.

2) DIsplay & sound; Digital Audio; HDMI audio; Stereo uncompressed for now

Optical audio; Stereo uncompressed for now

3) Power & startup; Turn Xbox off (if you're having the freezing/black screen issue)

Turn off after; Don't turn off automatically

Power Options; Power mode; Energy-saving for now.

4) Kinect; Troubleshooting; KInect doesn't hear me (I go into this if the Kinect has trouble hearing me with voice commands and start the audio check. If you have a receiver hooked up to the XB1 as I do I have the Optical audio set to DTS Digital Surround and you can hear the difference on your speakers while doing this test. Some say to leave this setting at Stereo uncompressed if you're having problems with the fast forward/rewind function on your dvr.)

In my opinion the XB1 goes into a sleep/hibernation mode and can't connect with the live tv again when you want the XB1 to wake up when you try to make everything work. Whenever I've had the freeze/black screen issue I've gone to the Power & startup section and turned the XBox off completely. When it starts again I've seen the green Xbox screen just like the initial startup. So, I'm keeping the instant on off for now and keeping it in energy mode which kills a lot of the features, but also keeps my live tv on until MS can figure it out.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue

Sorry this didn't help.

I was having the same issue after the XB1 and my Cable box working fine since launch day. My solution was to power down the Xbox and then unplug the power cord. Simply powering the system down does not fully reset the hardware, it just goes into a sleep mode. Unplugging the power cord for 20 seconds and then re-powering the Xbox seemed to fix this issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Powering on and off worked for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue here. When it first happened, I called MSFT for support and was first advised to change cables. When that didn't work, they told me to downgrade to 720P & 2 channel stereo. When that didn't work, they had me factory reset my XB1, losing nearly a month's worth of game play progress and all of my downloaded content. When that didn't work, they passed the buck and told me that the issue was "obviously" my Dish Hopper, that they couldn't do anything else, and that I should call Dish for support. They won the pass the buck award with that one.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just recent began to have the same problem. On Thursday night I was able to watch DirectTv through my XB1 and today I can't. Absolulty nothing has changed in the set up. I've tried a hard reboot twice, I've reset my DTV system twice and I've even turned the power to everything for a hour. Everything boots up fine until I try to watch tv. all I get is the We've lost your tv signal message.  What can I do aside from taking the xb1 pass through down?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue with my x1 Comcast box. Think it has to do with enabling quick start.

Sorry this didn't help.

I get that message with every start up since new & I don't even have cable. The only things connected are a 3TB usb3 external hdd & the TV "of course" which is connected to the console with the supplied HDMI cable.

How do you shut the "We've lost your TV signal" message off? Because it is never going to be used for that......

Sorry this didn't help.