Constant freezing while playing FIFA 11

I just got an  Xbox S with a 250gig HD a couple weeks ago. While playing FIFA 11 the game constantly freezes for 2 or 3 seconds and then continues going. It can happen several times a game. Sometimes I can go a few games without it happening. It happens when i play alone or online. I have Halo Reach but it never happens on that game. I have cleared the cache, reinstalled the game 4 times, reinstalled the title update, deleted game and played it off the disc, with no change. Could my Xbox be defective?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I don't have anyone near me with a 360. Can it be the disc even if its freezing when I installed the game to the hard drive?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Storm! If you think the Hard Drive might be the issue here, could you try removing it and trying your game that way? You could also try a different Hard Drive or USB storage device in its place. Let us know if that helps, thanks!

Add or remove an Xbox 360 Hard Drive

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay well it wasn't the disc. I returned the game and got a new one, deleted the install and reinstalled. It's still doing the same thing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Any more help? Is this a known issue with FIFA 11? I searched for other threads but none mention it. I've had the game on the PS3 since its release and it plays fine on it. By the way this is my favorite game so its a big deal to me.

Sorry this didn't help.

If Halo: Reach is playing without issue, I doesn't sound like the console is at fault. Have you tried that game disc on another friend's console? If not, please give that a go, to see if the issue is the disc itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

it's not the xbox its the game its buggy as hell lol...also I have mine installed on the HDD but mine does not stutter that much when playing online or offline so its just the game..don't worry about it

Sorry this didn't help.

I hope this post here will help a little bit for people with the same problem I have if its ever searched for on this forum. Its not the game or the xbox. Its the hard drive. I guess you can also say its the game for being picky about the hard drive.  I ended up with the same problem on my PS3, but once I put in a Seagate drive my FIFA ran perfect. Toshiba and Hitachi hard drives dont seem to get along with FIFA games for some reason. Im not sure what kind of hard drive my xbox has or if its really made by microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.