Console license but no gamertag, can i re-download?

I downloaded an on demand game to my xbox and then the xbox stopped working. i since lost access to the gamertag i purchased the content on and decided to delete the game from my hard drive when i got my new xbox as i couldn't play it due to no license. I since had the original xbox repaired so i have to license to play the game but no way to re download the game itself. is there any way to get this game back without the gamertag itself? thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

unfortunately you must work with the windows live team at windowslivehelp.com and contact support to restore access to a windows live id

in order to redownload content you purchase you must have access to the gamertag or purchase it on your new profile

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Was the old Gamer Tag completely deleted or just forgotten password or details? You will only be able to re-download your purchases if you recover the Gamer Tag they were purchased with on to your new console. If you need help to restore your Gamer Tag, you will need to contact support which you can do via here - support.xbox.com/en-gb/contact-us?xr=shellnav

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.