Console freezing trying to purchase DLC

This has only been happening to me the past few days, but I've left it alone just thinking it was something wrong with Marketplace at that particular time and it'd "fix itself" eventually. Well, that's hasn't worked. FYI, I was in the Beta that just ended last week and never had the freezing issues happen to me during that time. I did read that some users were having that problem during the Beta, but again, I did not. It's only happening now.

I'm trying to download the three Assassins Creed III "Tyranny" DLC packs that's part of the "Back To School" promo. I can access the first chapter and am able to purchase/download it, but when I access the second or third chapter to purchase/download, my console completely freezes, just after I press A that takes me to the "purchase screen". I've tried again a few times, hoping that it was just a one time error, but each time I try to purchase/download those two pieces of DLC, my console freezes up once again. The only way to shut off my console, is to press the power button on the console itself.

I hope I can get someone to look into this problem ASAP and try to find a potential fix. Please know that all help and replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 121 Applies to:

Try to clear your system cache and tell if it helped

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've tried that, as well as re-downloading my Profile. Those attempts didn't work, but something seems to have changed somewhat because I was able to download part 2, but part 3 is still making my console freeze up.

It's strange. At times, it freezes and I have to hard-boot, then at other times, it gives me a very quick error message (that is impossible to write down because it's so quick to appear and disappear), but then still freezes up and again, having to hard-boot the console.

Can someone from support please look into this particular issue? I don't know what else to do. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, since no one has responded to me, maybe I can get someone to try to "purchase" this item. Of course I want you to cancel it, so that you're not really purchasing it, but I want to know if the freezing is still just affecting me. I called my Brother last night and got him to try to "purchase" it and sure enough, his console also froze while attempting to purchase the third piece of DLC, called "The Redemption". So, I know it's just not me, but I would still like a few more confirmations from other users as to what happens when trying to purchase this item.

Can someone try and "purchase" this piece of DLC and reply to me here what happens when you do?

I need you to press A on the "square" marked AC3 The Redemption (on the games page under "Back To School" sale), after pressing A, you'll be taken to the purchase screen (here in Canada it's priced at $3.99), please press A on that "square" to purchase and you then should be at the "buy this item/cancel" white pop-up page. If you can access that white pop up page, then you're not having any difficulty being able to download it (and go ahead and select cancel so that you're not actually purchasing it), but if after you press A and your system freezes without seeing the white pop up page (the circle will spin for a few seconds and then freeze), then you'll have to do a hard-boot on your console to restart, which means it's not working for you either. That is where the problem exists.

Again, any help or information as to what's going on is very much appreciated. I've tried every "fix" there is to not have this happen each time, but not one of the "fixes" I've used, stops this from happening.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Garty,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

I've been trying to download this on various consoles and GTs and not had any problems with it.

There may be something particular to your region, though it's odd that none of the other DLCs gave you any error.

Just to make sure I understand:

• You can purchase and download Betrayal
  • You can purchase and download Infamy
  • When you try to purchase Redemption, when you select purchase instead of the window that would say Confirm Purchase, Change Payment Option, Cancel, your console freezes.
  • When your console freezes, you cannot back out or pull up the guide or anything. You just have to reset the console.

And a few questions that may help us narrow down where the issue may be occurring:

1. Are you able to launch AC 3 and play those other DLC you downloaded?
  2. Are you able to download other things from the marketplace? (demos, trial arcade games, etc.)
  3. When your console freezes, what color lights do you see on your console power button and your power supply?
  4. Does your console freeze at any other times during normal playing?
  5. If you can write down or take a picture of the error code, that could be really helpful.

Some steps you may want to try are:

• Delete your marketplace system data
      1. On your console, go to settings, and then select System.
      2. Select Storage, and then select your primary storage device.
      3. Select System Items.
      4. Select Marketplace System Data.
      5. Select Delete.
  • Clear your System Cache
  • Turn your console off for 30 seconds
  • Turn your console on
  • Attempt to purchase the DLC

Please let us know the answer to those questions and how those steps work for you and we'll go from there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the reply Mr. Fiz. A little late, but thanks anyway.

My issue with this item has been rectified. Eventually I was able to download the DLC content without my console freezing. Once I knew my Brother had the same issue, I knew it just couldn't have been me that was having the freezing issue. So, I just waited and kept trying until it worked. Last night, it finally worked without any freezing occurring.

And not to make what you suggested irrelevant, I did try all the potential "fixes" you outlined above. That's why I was waiting on a service rep to try and help me out because I had tried everything else previously.

Again, your help was much appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.