Conquest and Rush

Okay, first thing you should know is I am not saying which mode is better here. I am just stating my opinion and that's perfectly fine if you disagree. Now that we've got that out of the way, this is what I think:

I've been playing a lot of conquest lately because one group of friends I play with play conquest over rush. When I first got this game I played rush for a long time. I got this game around the month that it came out and only about a month ago have I actually started to play conquest. When I came over to conquest I was a little confused about where the action was, which was understandable. But now, a couple weeks into it, I still rarely can find any action in this game mode. It seems like the action is all centered around vehicular combat. That being said, I'm not one to hop into vehicles the second I see one. I will if I have the opportunity, but I prefer to let the metal heads have their fun. It is probably better for the team anyway. That being said, I'm not bad at driving vehicles, I just prefer not to unless it's required. I usually spend my time when playing conquest running back and fourth flag to flag picking off the odd guy on the way and the people taking our flag. Other than that I rarely see any action unless I'm in a helicopter or tank.

Now, I have another group of friends that play rush more, but they're not afraid to play conquest. For me it seems like there is heaps more action in rush than there is in conquest. I mean, the entire enemy is focused on two, sometimes even one objective. That means that there is always far more enemies you see because everyone is converging on one location as opposed to everyone spreading them self thin across a conquest map. Sure, if one team has 2 of the flags, and they usually do, then you can stay near the one odd flag and you will see quite a few people.

I guess what I want to know is why do most regulars prefer conquest over rush? I mean, when I play conquest the game is so slow and I usually only get points from a couple random kills and squad assistance. When I play rush, I get plenty more kills, plenty more points due to arming and demolishing the objective a lot and also general assistance to team mates. I get a lot more assistance points in this game mode because it seems people are always closer together. I generally always see someone who needs a patch-up job or is running low on ammo, plus the odd repair. Does anyone else play both game modes constantly and feel the same? It seems as though rush is more team based and conquest is more squad based.

TL;DR Version

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Damn, the piece of S**T forums lost my message. Well, what I was asking was whether you were playing hardcore or regular conquest? Makes a big difference as to how much action there is.

Yeah, unfortunate timing. They just like updated then removed the update immediately I guess. Anyways, me an my friends do play hardcore.

I have been playing for a few months on my brothers tag and mine.

I hardly ever find a Conquest game when I search for one and when I do it's mainly random people not in squads.

Totally agree with you that there is definitely more action in Rush. Which to me is a much more enjoyable gamemode to play.

With only two modes though(not including squad modes) the entire online play seems pretty limited. Normally if I can't find a game of Rush with a full lobby I go play a different game.

Titan mode was pretty fun in 2142 and I'm interested in seeing what BF3 will bring to the table in terms of new game modes.

yea the forums are really screwy today.

Personally I can see what you mean. I think the issue is being able to park right by the conquest capture points making vehicles more easier to attack and defend.

I vary between conquest and rush as sometimes I like running from point to point others I like a single fixed objective to attack or defend. 

i'd say it would be good for BF3 for people to have to get out of the vehicles and say install something on a computer terminal, or maybe a frontlines fuel of war esc capture point system where certain points require certain actions, some taking it by being near, some hacking a terminal or something and another maybe planting a bomb and destroying some enemy equipment there. Myabe one being something like welding a door shut or something like that get people out of the vehicles and some more conquest skirmishes on foot not just driving up in vehicles all the time.

It would be interesting if more shooters had a map specific objective set, similar to what we saw in Brink. I can't think of any off of the to of my head, I was sure some other games did this too.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

It would be interesting if more shooters had a map specific objective set, similar to what we saw in Brink. I can't think of any off of the to of my head, I was sure some other games did this too.

[/quote]

I have tired map specific objective games and the maps got extremely old. As did the objective's. Now if BFBC2 had squad specific objective's that went along with the main neutral objectives in Rush or Conquest, that would interest me. An objective as an engineer would be to destroy a specific building or structure with a specific vehicle.

Something like secondary mission's in Section 8: prejudice if you have ever played it. There were a list of 12 or so secondary mission's selected randomly that went along having to Hack an enemies control point.(the main game mode).

I like Section 8's DCM game mode. It works well.

You get more points.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

Anyways, me an my friends do play hardcore.

[/quote]

Well, that explains a lot. Hardcore is infinitely slower paced, because people are afraid of being one-shotted by camping recons and so forth. So as a counter, they camp as well. Try regular conquest during your local peak times, say around 8-9 PM. Then spend all your time moving towards flags that haven't yet been captured by your team. You should definitely see plenty of action. And if by some random occurence even that seems to fail, just load up Arica Harbor :p Always loads of people on that map, and constant action guaranteed.