Connection/Bitrate question... Twitch

I tested twitch a few weeks ago and set it up and I chose the reccomended setting which were well over the highest setting for streaming.

I was testing out Fifa 14, and friend on my friends list said it was really clear but we kinda get a pause for a second...

My broadband is 200DL/10UL.

Is that good enough for twitch??  I can use Netflix and play games online and Netflix never takes a dip.

Any ideas??

Cheers! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You have 200mbps download but only 10 upload? Seems a bit low on the upstream speed for a high download speed package. Anyway...

Upload speeds you should aim for are:

3 Mb/s - 4.5 Mbs for HD — High definition 720p resolution video

5 Mb/s - 9 Mb/s for HDX — Full high definition 1080p resolution video and high definition audio

Remember, take into account that what the ISP tells you that you get and what you get can vary as the ISP takes more users at peak hours etc. Also if playing Multiplayer games you need to account for the game traffic too.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ye I am not sure why my upload is that low. But thats the standard where I live. I have no caps though which is a good thing.

Upload speeds on twitch on XB1 are maxed out at about 2Mb/s  I think, and twitch reccomends my broadband can handle 2.5Mb/s

I wonder if anyone else gets higher settings

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.