Connection speeds

I have a connection speed that averages 10mb to 30mb depending on time of day. Yet when I play COD:black ops I can get on target shoot first and still get killed. Are there setting on the xbox that can help this connection? I am using a hard line, not the wifi. It is very frustrating because on the Wii(i know the consoles are not comparable) I was very good and averaged a 20/4 kill ratio. Now on Xbox 360 I am getting 7/20. It makes it to the point that I dont want to play. Can anything help this? Are there region setting?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Like you said... the Wii and the 360 are a bad comparison to be judging your K/D ratio with, but in a different way imo.

Open NATs, maybe forward ports, and use local search. Those are your only options besides better internets. Be sure not to be downloading any pron when playing also.

[quote user="OCSOsignalzero"]

I have a connection speed that averages 10mb to 30mb depending on time of day. Yet when I play COD:black ops I can get on target shoot first and still get killed. Are there setting on the xbox that can help this connection? I am using a hard line, not the wifi. It is very frustrating because on the Wii(i know the consoles are not comparable) I was very good and averaged a 20/4 kill ratio. Now on Xbox 360 I am getting 7/20. It makes it to the point that I dont want to play. Can anything help this? Are there region setting?

[/quote]Is that a 10Mb - 30Mb UPLOAD?  Because that & ping is what counts in online gaming.  www.speedtest.net  Take the test, and post the results.  I'll bet your ping is high, and your UPLOAD speed is low.

Upload is the key.