Connection help

Can some one please help me.

I met  a couple of player here a while back and a couple from BSN, my problem is that I cannot connect to some of them while other there is no problem.

I can play with friends in scotland in Canada and in some in the states but for what ever reason there is 2 or 3 that I can not join party's or matches with.

And we have checked all our privacy and connection setting and they are good so I am at a loss as to why I cannot play with them some help would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Have you checked your NAT types? If it is closed that means you won't be able to connect to them.

Since you've got Halo 4, chuck it in and let it tell you what your NAT type is. If it's Open, you shouldn't have any problems (though you can actually have a few problems). If it's Moderate you can only connect to other Moderate or Open players and Strict NAT players can only connect to Open NAT players.

If your NAT type is Open, tell them to check theirs. If it isn't, look into opening yours, it really does help.

Make sure you and your friends run this test.  VERY important.   http://www.speedtest.net/   Tell us your download and upload speed.

[quote user="Lag for Life"]

If it's Moderate you can only connect to other Moderate or Open players and Strict NAT players can only connect to Open NAT players.

If your NAT type is Open, tell them to check theirs. If it isn't, look into opening yours, it really does help.

[/quote]

Yes, setting your NAT Configuration to 'Open' fixes alot of connection issues.  A simple 'Test XBOXLive Connection' via 'Network Settings' will inform you of a restricted NAT Configuration with a yellow '!' alert and instructions on how to set it to 'Open'.  A simple quick and easy method that worked for me, but it depends on which router that you use, is to simply type in your IP Address (also found in 'Network Settings') into the Address Bar of your PC's Browser, you should get a page with options to change your router's settings, the only thing that I changed was to 'Enable UPnP (Universal Plug 'n' Play) which altered my XBOX's NAT Configuration from 'Strict' to 'Open'...:-)

Im gonna have to agree. Its your NATS. I had this same problem a long while back. Look on the back of your modem. There should be a code. Cant remember which one it is but you type the code into your browser and it will take you to your modem setting. Look for NATS and set them to open. Or call your internet provider and they should be able to tell you how to do it. Well thats how I did it anyone. Im sure one of these answers that you have received will work.

Haha, A little late but thanks, it turns out that my modem has a fixed nat (cheap peace of junk), also my internet provider is the worst in the country for giving the speed and a stable connection that you pay for(not a joke) and they are currently the only option. I am looking for a good replacement.