Connecting to Friend's games in SoulCalibur V

Hello.  I have been trying to connect to a friend of mine's game in SoulCalibur V for a few days, but we have been unable.  As far as I can figure out, both of our accounts should be open to play online, as we are both able to play against other people online, but not each other.

This seems to be something new, as we've been able to play against each other in other games before.  I'm just not sure what is causing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Greetings, USS Grim Reaper. I've got a response out to you in this thread: forums.xbox.com/.../1569385.aspx. Let's keep the discussion focused there for now. Thanks in advance! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

heh this is quite ironic, i have the same issue but only with Super Street Fighter 4 AE. Me and my friend can play any other game together but that one.

Sorry this didn't help.

You and your friend should check your router settings. You need to make sure you and your friend's NAT settings are open. You should follow this link for further instructions on how to fix your connectivity issues. support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict

Sorry this didn't help.

My recommendation would be to try to reboot both of your routers. Just disconnect the power cable, let it sit there for about 20-30 seconds, and plug it back in. Give it a minute or two before turning on the Xbox and see how it goes from there. It's a simple suggestion, but hey sometimes the littlest of things can fix just about any problem usually.

Sorry this didn't help.