Confused.

I wasn't going to post this since I figured the problem would work itself out but it hasn't and I am getting annoyed. I am playing my second playthrough as a light armor/archer/melee with a little magic thrown in the mix. My question is for armor improvement I have my smithing skill at 100 and my light armor is between 60-65 and my armor is (flawless) but I want legendary but it says I lack the skills required to improve this item. Does light armor only go up to flawless or am i missing something any help would be great thanks. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I should also add that i am able to smith heavy armor up to legendary which is why I am confused why would I be able to max out heavy armor but not light armor??

smithing elixir and apparel enchanted with fortify smithing will crank it up for you.

my light armor is legendary....I'm not sure what I did tho.  Anyone?

lesee....smithing 100...drank a fortify smithing potion.  Other than that, not sure.  

[quote user="Morbius vs"]

smithing elixir and apparel enchanted with fortify smithing will crank it up for you.

[/quote] I have like 20 smithing potions and a necklace of smithing but it still doesn't let me go from flawless to lengedary.

Well then you sir are a noob.  :p

[quote user="BizarroMantis"]

Well then you sir are a noob.  :p

[/quote] How exactly does this make me a noob? 

I made elixers and other smithing poitons, enchanted everything I could possibly enchant that ups my smithing skill and then took it all to a forge and went from there.  I now have a Draenic Hammer that hits over 300 when I wear two-handed enchanted armor pieces.  Usually more than one.  I'm big into stacking and this game allows you to do that in spades.  You can get the armor ratings up to well above 1000 stacking your smithing like this....

If you're still having trouble, I'd say you've run across another glitch.  Of course.... it could be your race too.  Don't quote me here, I'm kind of pulling this one out of my backside but.... you know how some races have certain advantages and disadvantages, like Wood Elves being the best for archery, maybe the smithing thing is a drawback to the race you've selected.  Hey, what do I know though??  They make the games... i just play them.

Ignore this post. Damn browser

Can you tell us what Smithing perks you've taken, and what armour you're trying to improve to Legendary.

[quote user="xxW0LFxx TFD"]

Can you tell us what Smithing perks you've taken, and what armour you're trying to improve to Legendary.

[/quote]

I am using a potion of fortify smithing which says it will increase my smithing by 17% for 30 secs and I have a necklace of  minor smithing which improves weapons and armor 12% better I am wearing the nightingale armor. MY smithing is at 100 I just don't understand what the problem is I didn't run into this my first playthrough and like I said above I am able to improve heavy armor to its max with no problem.