Confused!

I was helping a friend move some stuff onto a new character, When he went to eat I started messing with his +10 Divine Zweihänder and it was doing 600+ damage (Parry/Riposte) with the hornet ring. So can somebody explain why I was doing so much damage at soul level 1?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

How do you have the stats to wield a zwei at SL1?

Looks like your buddy's a cheater.

I don't have the strength to use it, it swings normally when you 2 hand it but it does the "I'm to weak to swing it one handed animation)

I was curious so I made a +6 fire Gargoyle Halberd and that did 450+ damage.

darksouls.wikidot.com/zweihander

600 Seems possible to me with a divine +10, especially two-handed with a hornet ring...

Maybe you can backstab and do damage even if you can't weild the weapon?  SL 1 mean a pyromancer.  Pyromancers start with 12 str.  Zwei requires 24 str.  Even if you 2 hand it, you can not weild it at sl 1.

He says it swings normally when 2 handed, so maybe by SL1 he meant he didn't level up yet ( and started as a class with high strength ).

No levelling up still level 1.

It did the same thing with an UNUPGRADED Titanite catch pole (I could even do the  leaping attack with it) and the stone greatsword. Even the special R2 attack for the moonlight greatsword and the drake sword work ( I tried the Grant but it didn't work)

[quote user="Ramon284"]

He says it swings normally when 2 handed, so maybe by SL1 he meant he didn't level up yet ( and started as a class with high strength ).

[/quote]

The highest starting str is 14 (Bandit).  That would allow for 2 handing a weapon that requires 21 str.