Confirmed by Rockstar: GTAV Single Player Campaign 100 hours Long

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You are all as bad as each other, can we not talk about this fantastic £170m game please!

Lets get one thing straight here people....

-

It's okay to be a fanboy of GTA, nothing to be ashamed of there., if someone called me a fanboy of GTA it's something I'd be happy with and won't deny it!

-

Blluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh!

'Fanboy' - a term used by people on the Xbox Forums to slate somebody for liking something or defending it. Seriously, people on here need to grow up. If you do not like something then you are entitled to state why and that opinion is your own, but branding someone a 'Fanboy' because you don't like something is both pathetic and ridiculous. On topic - the campaign actually interests me this time around but I'm more excited about the multiplayer aspect of the game. Offline game play will still be fun regardless, let's not forget what most people used to love doing on the older games. Stealing cars, killing people and having a riot. I will be doing all of those to stall my boredom and continue playing the actual story campaign when I am good and ready to. I can't agree that 100 hours seems likely, but I can expect something close to that region. I am incredibly excited about getting this game because yes I do love GTA. Guess that makes me 'fanboy' though right?

How would Skyrim compare in area?

-

As long as GTA will have a fast travel, I think it will be manageable. Otherwise, the novelty may wear off.

What a pity that having the developer of a game tell you that that game is going to last you forever means next to absolutely nothing.

I LOVE the fact multi-player is postponed until weeks later. I know people on my FL who play GTA4 75% of the time, and STILL haven't beaten campaign. Such a nice story that game had too. Something tells me there won't be as much emotion in this one's. I'm fine with just blowing stuff up haha.

[quote user="HardlyCapable13"]

GTA IV had fast travel via cab rides, so I would think it would be included in V...

[/quote]Yeah that's what I ended up using after a while. Saved a lot of time.

[quote user="Neo The One HD"] Ign nor the developer are going to lie[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*takes a deep breath*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

[quote user="A1 KILL SAUCE"]I can see what you are saying, but I disagree. I have no problem going from one side of a map to another if there are "random" encounters/events a long the way. It makes gameplay much more immersive rather the simply allowing the player to just fast travel at any given time. [/quote]Those random encounters just end up irritating me if they are too numerous.

I'm currently replaying Arkham City and boy do all the little things get tedious as you are travelling about. Such as rescuing the political prisoners or Zassz's phone calls. The latter of which mentioned there sends you off to the other side of the map to where you were going, meaning you have to drag yourself back there again, likely having to go through more encounters.

Problem is that developers need to strike a good balance between such things to give the player a feeling of the city being alive and not making the travelling feeling tedious. I don't think one open world game has yet managed it, for me at least. 

Neo, you kind of come across as a fanboy.  And that is saying alot considering you rise above the normal fanboy level often associated with Rockstar.

-

You cannot say someone has selective reading because they simply do not believe what they have read.  Rockstar has ever reason to stretch the truth, ESPECIALLY considering how much they have invested.