Configuration Xbox Music with Xbox Music Pass in Windows 8 & Xbox360

PROBLEMS PROBLEMS PROBLEMS

Last week i upgraded to Windows 8 64x and Tried Xbox Music right away with smartglass and music pass.

Xbox Music Looks Great!!! BUT....

0. There is no edit option

1.I can't import the playlists that i want to import.

Its only possible to import all, or make a new playlist.

2. There is no Alpabetic search option (abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)

3. You can't search by typing your artist or title

4. After importing my playlists, it shows some realy strange things behind the title of the playlists (2), (3), (4), (5) etc.

What does that mean, and how to change this? It's realy strange...

5. After importing, Xbox Music doubles or triples my playlists.

6. How to define/controll which music is copied to the cloud?

Some music is, some music isn't copied to the cloud? How does this work???

7. Cover art is automaticly changed and changed to wrong album art.

It even picks wrong music + cover art etc. from the cloud service that seems to be mirrored with my own music.

8. My Xbox360 show's all my synchronised playlists with Windows 8, but just a few numbers from my playlists can be played on my Xbox360???

9. etc. etc. etc. etc.

10. It's even worse then Zune!

11. Ofcourse I disabled my FREE Music pass.

COME ON MICROSOFT! WHAT A BAD / NOT UNDERSTANDABLE APP THIS IS?

Whats wrong with Windows Media Player, This programme actualy works. Why don't you stick to this software and uprade it a bit for cloud uses?

I can't do anything i want with Xbox Music. Nothing works like it should and i have to pay a €100 a year for this?

I even spoke with Xbox support on the Phone for 1,5 hour. They don't understand it eighter...

Maybe it's me, that i just don't understand this APP. But i can't get some good information/configuration about this APP eighter.

Waiting for some possitive feedback...............

Gr. Bram

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey there Bram! I appreciate the feedback here. Some of these things sounds like design decisions, but for some it shouldn't be happening that way. To make this a little easier to troubleshoot, we can take these things one at a time and see what we can come up with.

It sounds like 4. and 5. may be related. If it's duplicating playlists, then it could be renaming those with numbers to prevent them having the same name. If you delete any duplicate named playlists, can you edit the names to remove the numbers? Let us know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Mister Gwyther,

Thank you for aswering!

Ok let's take these things one at the time.

4 & 5

Duplicating could be the Problem.

- First I make my playlists in WMP. I do this because WMP has all the options I need to manage my Music collection (30-40Gigs).

- Since I have Nokia Lumia 900, I must need Zune to copy Music to my Phone. So Zune is also installed.

Zune copies my playslists from WMP automaticly; And puts the playlists in it's own directory by it's own extension.

- My Xbox360 is in my Living Room and i prever to hear my Music there to by use of Xbox Music. This is where the troubles start.

- Xbox Music on my Windows 8 PC can load the excisting playlists automaticly, but I can't say from which directory, or which playlists i want to load.

1. I tried to rename the dublicated playlists in the Xbox Music APP by deleting (2),(3),(4)... That's not possible! Xbox Music says the playlist already excists.

But i don't know where, because I can't tell from which location it is importing my Music, or playlists.

2. I tried to delete all the playlists in Zune and Xbox Music and loaded the playlists after that, only in Xbox Music. Problem still there...

The playlists are shown with (2),(3),(4) etc.

Note: This doesn't count for all the playlists, but most of them.

4. Becaus Xbox Music dublicates all these playlists, I also receive an error when importing to Xbox Music. The error tell's me that only a 100 playlists max. can be loaded.

- I don't have >100 playlists. But in Xbox Music I do, because it dublicates all the playlists ones or more....

I think you have enough information here to start with. I hope to hear soon from you.

Thank you in Advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

dabj, I'm right there with you...  not only can I not find the XBOX playlists to edit them, but my Music Pass content is being delivered to "My Podcasts" directory... awesome.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you,

It's good to know I am not the only one having problems with it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft Answer over mail:

1) Xbox Music on the Xbox does not support Streaming from the PC,
2) the doccumentation for how to pick what to share/etc is part of Windows Media player and not xbox
3) You cannot rename content on the xbox.
4) Not all metadata features or image resolutions are supported on the xbox (like album art)

*** Good to know, but weird shoice ***

Sorry this didn't help.