Condolences to Phillippine Minecraft Players

I get home very late.  This means I'm playing Minecraft after zero-dark-thirty.  I had to say good bye to a lot of people, because they'd stay up late and then try to get up 4 hours later for school, work, etc.  I feel I'm not a good influence.  But, I was paying Minecraft with people from Germany, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and the Philippines.

Recently, some of the strongest winds in the world hit the Philippines.  The record was in Ilwaco, Oregon at Cape Disappointment State Park, where after 200+ mph winds, it blew down the meter.  Some lady (lighthouse keeper's wife) went crazy listening to the wind everyday, and tossed herself into the ocean.  However, we have radar satellites now.  From up in space beams were bounced into the storm that hit the Philippines clocking the return signal, measuring the winds at over 300+ mph.  Rumored 10,000 people dead.  No power = no Minecraft.

I enjoy listening to people from different cultures.  I'm sure they find us just as wack at times.  I wish I could e-mail them civil engineering standards, some bulldozers, a dredger, Home Depot, and a ship full of out of work contractors, but that won't be the case.  I would really suck, waking up one morning to find your world turned upside down.  Hoping they all find stability, boredom, normalcy, and less crazies.  Amen.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to: