Concerns with BF3 after playing BC2 for a while...

I'm just making a list of issues I have with BC2 that worry me if they're part of BF3...I've only played Bad Company 1 and 2, so my experience with the series is limited...but:

---

- Bullet drop for guns other than sniper rifles? A major gripe for me in BC2, is the fact that all sniper rifles have 'bullet drop', yet LMG's, AR's and even SMG's can be fired at extreme range like it's Call of Duty. For example, I sniped someone from at least 200 yards away with a UMP/red dot on Oasis yesterday, while not adjusting to distance at all. The UMP in real life has an effective range of about 50 yards...It just seems kind of silly that a class full of primarily bolt-action rifles, has to adjust for bullet drop AND 50% of the time, shoot someone 2 to 3 times to kill a player.

---

Safe zone's for respawning at your own base, preventing spawn killing. This is another thing that absolutely kills BC2 at times for me. I join a game, in a squad of 2 guys..I spawn in my base, I take about 3 steps before I get mowed down by an MG3 as some guy is sitting behind my spawn, in my base, inside a bush. It is just mind boggling how this allowed, especially on consoles where it is at times very easy for 1 of the 12 guys on the other team to slip into your teams base, respawn in his entire squad back there and spawn kill like it's CoD Demolition, and with the 8-10 second respawn timer, making it even more difficult to take them out. It also makes playing solo downright infuriating.

---

Fluid controls, less "fighting" with the aiming, more fluid movement. From what I've seen of BF3 footage, it looks as though this concern is at ease. But it's hard to tell precisely by just watching. In BC2, the controls feel awfully similar to that of FarCry 2. Very stiff, very "robotic".  I find at times I'm "fighting" with my analog sticks just to aim at a guy, whereas in CoD, or almost any other FPS, the aiming is very fluid. I feel this ruins the combat, especially at close ranges, quite a bit. I'm an avid paintball player (I know, not real war or a real gun), but I can tell you that engaging and aiming at multiple other players in a short period of time is not nearly as difficult as it is in Bad Company 2. It doesn't neccessarily need to BE CoD, but make the aiming less frustrating. And also, I seem to get stuck on a lot of junk laying around in BC2. It's annoying when I have jump, or unneccesarily going around a small object to get to where I'm trying to go, while also completely giving my position away.

---

Snow maps, bush hiders, window hiders. First off, let me mention how much I absolutely hate every...single...snow map in BC2. Every one. They all play the same way, guys sit in a bush, or in a tree, or in a window. That's all it is. Spot-spamming, then shooting the orange triangle. It's very campy, extremely slow paced and gets annoying pretty much every time. I much prefer maps like Harvest Day, Oasis, Arica Harbor, etc, where hardcore camping isn't usually the best way to win.

---

Squad spawning. I am pretty sure they are fixing this. Before they announced anything for BF3, I suggested (with no prior knowledge of BF2), that each squad of 4 men, should have a squad leader, and a secondary squad leader. I don't know how to go about choosing who they are, maybe by SPM, or score of the most recent game? But essentialy, anyone can spawn on the squad leader. The squad leader can ONLY spawn on the secondary squad leader. I believe this will at least help out the guys who sneak past a base, then have an entire squad instantly spawn on them. Or even make it so everyone can only spawn on the leader, and him on no one else. Being able to spawn on whoever takes a lot of the teamwork and effort away from the game, I believe. It shouldn't be that easy to over-run an enemies base. I also read that when the "squad leader" is spotted, a star or something appears above his head, I feel this is a great thing and will help prevent what I felt was a major issue in BC2.

---

Rush and the placement of M-COM stations. I would like to see better placement of the stations. Too often they are seen outside, next to a building. Or inside a building that can be COMPLETELY leveled leaving zero cover to arm or defuse. This completely takes away from the game, IMO. I feel the locations should be easier to defend either as a defender, or once the attackers get inside. Maybe some sub-level M-COM's? Basements? Larger buildings? Etc.? I would just like to see it less about demolishing everything in the area so they have no chance, and more about 'rushing' and attacking the objective with teamwork and a real plan.

---

A solo-friendly mode, "mercenary"? This goes back to my earlier point. This game is made for teamwork, and a lack of cooperation can be completely exposed and destroyed by even a small group of players on the team playing together. Maybe just have ONE game mode, which would include Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush and Squad TDM but for SOLO players only, no parties allowed? I just get tired of empty squads and being pooped on by full squads.

---

That's really all I have for right now, off the top of my head...if these issues can all be fixed, I'll be very happy..

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Or Medal of Honor

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

....could be worse, this could be Homefront

[/quote]

Or Brink...

@ Elelment you can't spell cheap without EA. Seriously I am going to be so pissed if EA screws up the servers on launch day especially as much as they have been advertising this game they should not that a very large number of people will be buying this game the day it comes out.

....could be worse, this could be Homefront

[quote user="El3ment 514"]

I am more worried about the servers running right on launch. Anybody that has played BF games in the past know that the game is unplayable for the first week. Just hope they get the servers right this time around.

[/quote]

Agreed and I wouldn't get my hopes up.  At least the campaign looks like it'll actually be worth playing this time around. It'll be a nice diversion while the servers get sorted out.

I can confirm there will be vehicle heavy co-op missions including jet use.

[quote user="Sambbraz"]

[quote user="dual skorpionz"]

Fluid controls, less "fighting" with the aiming, more fluid movement. From what I've seen of BF3 footage, it looks as though this concern is at ease. But it's hard to tell precisely by just watching. In BC2, the controls feel awfully similar to that of FarCry 2. Very stiff, very "robotic".  I find at times I'm "fighting" with my analog sticks just to aim at a guy, whereas in CoD, or almost any other FPS, the aiming is very fluid. I feel this ruins the combat, especially at close ranges, quite a bit. I'm an avid paintball player (I know, not real war or a real gun), but I can tell you that engaging and aiming at multiple other players in a short period of time is not nearly as difficult as it is in Bad Company 2. It doesn't neccessarily need to BE CoD, but make the aiming less frustrating. And also, I seem to get stuck on a lot of junk laying around in BC2. It's annoying when I have jump, or unneccesarily going around a small object to get to where I'm trying to go, while also completely giving my position away.

The reason why CoD aiming feels fluid is because it has massive aim assist. You only have to get the cross hair somewhere around the enemy and the aim assist does the fine tuning, whereas in BC2 you have to get the crosshair on the enemy on your own. And that's not a bad thing, imo.

-

I agree the aim assist is what makes aiming much easier, but that's not the whole thing. Turning and general movement even without enemies on the screen is just quicker and more fluid. I just feel it being tweaked was much needed.

---

Snow maps, bush hiders, window hiders. First off, let me mention how much I absolutely hate every...single...snow map in BC2. Every one. They all play the same way, guys sit in a bush, or in a tree, or in a window. That's all it is. Spot-spamming, then shooting the orange triangle. It's very campy, extremely slow paced and gets annoying pretty much every time. I much prefer maps like Harvest Day, Oasis, Arica Harbor, etc, where hardcore camping isn't usually the best way to win.

What does the snow have to do with camping? I don't get it :/

-

Lol, I believe it's the snow covered pine trees, and the usual blowing snow that makes it exceptionally easy to camp and be unseen. It's just an annoying way to play. It seems every snow map has the most camping. I don't mind the slower pace at all, but it's just silly how bad some of the maps are. Especially that one which takes place at night (can't remember the name right now). I just know that when it comes out, so does my USAS with extended magazine and C4 class to wreck the tree ewoks.

Rush and the placement of M-COM stations. I would like to see better placement of the stations. Too often they are seen outside, next to a building. Or inside a building that can be COMPLETELY leveled leaving zero cover to arm or defuse. This completely takes away from the game, IMO. I feel the locations should be easier to defend either as a defender, or once the attackers get inside. Maybe some sub-level M-COM's? Basements? Larger buildings? Etc.? I would just like to see it less about demolishing everything in the area so they have no chance, and more about 'rushing' and attacking the objective with teamwork and a real plan.

"Too often they're seen outside, or inside." Wtf do you want then, if both are bad?

---

I only listed the two scenaries that irk me. M-COM station in middle of nowhere on outside part of building, or M-COM station in random small building that can be flattened (not collapsed onto the M-COM), leaving the M-COM station on a boardwalk of death that you have to arm or defuse. I just think those 2 scenarios (more so in the flattened building), takes away any strategy. You see those a lot on the map where the attackers have to cross a large body of water, then land in a jungle type environment (can not remember map name). Right off the bat, and then at the 3rd base, buildings get leveled and it's up to who can luckily get to the M-COM, set the charge and not die by the time it goes off because of zero cover. I just don't understand the point there...Makes it too easy at times for the defending team to defend.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am more worried about the servers running right on launch. Anybody that has played BF games in the past know that the game is unplayable for the first week. Just hope they get the servers right this time around.

1- already answered

3-"...And also, I seem to get stuck on a lot of junk laying around in BC2. It's annoying when I have jump, or unneccesarily going around a small object to get to where I'm trying to go, while also completely giving my position away...." Well It feels more real if you have to jump the debris that you made it´s frostbite that we are talking about and frostbite 2 will be even more realistic.

Safe zone's for respawning at your own base, preventing spawn killing: They did something cool for it, the losing team respawns faster so this totally wipes base killing since a enemy could kill you and seconds later you can respawn right behind him, but I hope they do triple points for killing fu#king base campers.....This will stimulate more experience Bf players to help the team instead of rushing with their squad

Squad spawning: they took back and you can respawn with any of your teammates

Snow maps, bush hiders, window hiders: Bf3 is more slow paced than Cod because that´s the way it is and who plays BF usually likes it that way, Bf3 will be slow paced as well the way bf players like it , positioning is very important in this game, much more than rushing without thinking.

"Spot-spamming, then shooting the orange triangle." Well there is your problem you are playing softcore instead of hardcore.