Complaint System is Useless

so tonight, I run into some "team killers" on my game.  I was told "I tried to take "their" tank" to which i replied...it's not yours if I'm there first. 

we exchange opinions and move along, but their is where the problem starts.

3 guys follow me and my friends for 3+ hours.  not to one game, but to 6 different games, joining our team, team killing, grabbing vehicles from our team and delivering them to the vehicles to their buddy, who's on our team, that they won't kill. 

I call support, they say report them for communication??  WTF?? Really? 

If this were a resturant, someone else would have paid for my dinner.  If this was a store purchase, I'd get a refund or replacement, but with xbox, all I can do is report these guys for "communication"....................?  this really leaves something to be desired, as not one of the "file-able complaints, even comes close to what took place here. 

You guys really need to re-think the report system, more over, you should do something about gamers who ruin xbl for others

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 40 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Support don't handle the complaint system. Using file complaint is the only option of reporting players. The XBLPET can't go straight to your report soon it's reported. They have to deal with thousands of complaints a day.  You can message a XBLPET if the complaint system can't help you with your situation.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="II Durbin II"]I call support, they say report them for communication??  WTF?? Really?[/quote]Xbox Phone Support DO NOT handle complaints on other users.  You are given the tools within your Xbox console to file a complaint on inappropriate behaviour on Xbox Live.  Use that. http://support.xbox.com/en-au/pages/xbox-live/how-to/chat/terms-of-use-conduct.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

It amazes me that so many people have absolutely no idea of how to handle offenders on XBL. The tools on the console are there for our use. Use them.

What you need to do:

-mute

-block communications

-set online status to 'friends only' via the Onilne Safety Settings on your console

-file a complaint for communication if they are being verbally abusive

Since the Game Developer allows team killing it really isn't a reportable offense. The best thing you could do is the above and move on. If you and your friends have your online status set to 'friends only' they wouldn't be able to follow you around.

I do agree however that they need to rework the file a complaint tool as it is outdated and should have a character limited comment box for offenses that don't quite fit any of the preset options.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Temhotabot"]

It amazes me that so many people have absolutely no idea of how to handle offenders on XBL. The tools on the console are there for our use. Use them.

What you need to do:

-mute

-block communications

-set online status to 'friends only' via the Onilne Safety Settings on your console

-file a complaint for communication if they are being verbally abusive

Since the Game Developer allows team killing it really isn't a reportable offense. The best thing you could do is the above and move on. If you and your friends have your online status set to 'friends only' they wouldn't be able to follow you around.

I do agree however that they need to rework the file a complaint tool as it is outdated and should have a character limited comment box for offenses that don't quite fit any of the preset options.

[/quote]

It amazes me that people need to to take shots at people when ever they get the chance to do so.  of course I know what the mute button is, however, why should ANYONE  have to hide from people they just met in games, who may want to request friends, meet in a new party or play together?  this is a social net work and your suggested option only tells me, the db's of the world rule x box and force decent folks to take such action.  this methodology does not address the real issue. 

again, it had nothing to do with verbal abuse, I gave back what I was given, I can cuss like a sailor when too, when first attacked.  it's being game stalked for hours, these guys we're pro's at it.  again, to your dev's "allow team killing" shows me your as brain washed as the report system is.  I don't think Dice and Ea would support game stalking where 3 players follow other players for hours, team kill them, revive them, team kill them, revive them, until they get booted after 5 kills, then re-join and start all over again.....thats not why tk-ing is is included in this game. 

and the last time I contacted an XBL Pet, not one response or action was taken after another gamer drop trau and took a picture of his anus with his live cam.  I kept the mail for 30 days and he was on for 30 days straight, no suspension, nothing.  this whole scenario reminds of of ps3 being shocked they got hacked when they later admitted they didn't do all they could from a security pov.  hiding from the trolls just enables them and it is shameful nothing will come of this.  

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="II Durbin II"]

It amazes me that people need to to take shots at people when ever they get the chance to do so.  of course I know what the mute button is, however, why should ANYONE  have to hide from people they just met in games, who may want to request friends, meet in a new party or play together?  this is a social net work and your suggested option only tells me, the db's of the world rule x box and force decent folks to take such action.  this methodology does not address the real issue. [/quote]

Facebook is a social network. XBL is a gaming network. And the methodology is only for offenders you encounter.

again, it had nothing to do with verbal abuse, I gave back what I was given, I can cuss like a sailor when too, when first attacked.  it's being game stalked for hours, these guys we're pro's at it.  again, to your dev's "allow team killing" shows me your as brain washed as the report system is.  I don't think Dice and Ea would support game stalking where 3 players follow other players for hours, team kill them, revive them, team kill them, revive them, until they get booted after 5 kills, then re-join and start all over again.....thats not why tk-ing is is included in this game. [/quote]

I understand that and changing your online status, even temporarly via the Guide button, would have prevented them from stalking you. You are making the situation harder than it needs to be. If you believe Dice/EA will take action on them then by all means contact them about it. As far as XBL goes if the game allows them to team kill then there is nothing to enforce against. Since they were stalking you (harassment) you can file a complaint against them for that but not for the tk'ing as that does not violate the XBL Terms of Service or Code of Conduct.

and the last time I contacted an XBL Pet, not one response or action was taken after another gamer drop trau and took a picture of his anus with his live cam.  I kept the mail for 30 days and he was on for 30 days straight, no suspension, nothing.  this whole scenario reminds of of ps3 being shocked they got hacked when they later admitted they didn't do all they could from a security pov.  hiding from the trolls just enables them and it is shameful nothing will come of this.  [/quote]

How did you contact the XBL PET? The only way to contact them when you encounter an offender on XBL is via the File a Complaint tool on your console. Everyone seems to think policy enforcement on XBL is instant, that is not the case. Some offenses warrant a longer investigation that others. With 30 million Live subscribers it will take time to go through all the complaints filed each day as each complaint is reviewed by an actual person.

Sorry this didn't help.

direct contact, pm, as directed to the pets

and yes, x box is a form of social networking

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

So I cancelled my credit card and you guys still charged my account $19.98 without warning. And now my account is suspended and I just spent $30 on a 3 month subscription that I can't redeem on my profile. I think its only fair that you remove the charge and unsuspend my account. I have been a loyal Microsoft customer for years. ***, I haven't even picked up a PS controller since Play Station 1 was out. Not once have a I filed a complaint or miss a payment. I think the least you could do is a waive a $20 charge that was unfairly added to my account.

Sorry this didn't help.

I DON'T wanna lose all my saved games and gamerscore because of a miscommunication on your guys' part.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote]So I cancelled my credit card and you guys still charged my account $19.98 without warning.[/quote]

You do know you're told about auto renewal and how it works before signing up right or are you hoping feigning ignorance will get you out of this? Mores to the point how is the system supposed to know you cancelled the card if you didn't tell it?

[quote]And now my account is suspended and I just spent $30 on a 3 month subscription that I can't redeem on my profile.[/quote]

Again you're told that you can't use pre paid cards to pay off outstanding debts

[quote]I think its only fair that you remove the charge and unsuspend my account.[/quote]

Because you didn't read the agreement before agreeing to it? Er no that's not happening. 

[quote]I have been a loyal Microsoft customer for years. ***, I haven't even picked up a PS controller since Play Station 1 was out. [/quote]

Is this one of those "do as I demand or I'll go over to the console that looks like a George Foreman grill" threats? Because it's a pretty poor one. 

[quote]I think the least you could do is a waive a $20 charge that was unfairly added to my account.[/quote]

You given every opportunity to educate yourself about how auto renewal works and you still chose blind ignorance. Next time read things before agreeing to them.  

Sorry this didn't help.