Compatibility - Win 8

Hi, I've bought Operation Flashpoint: Red River on my Windows 7. I've reinstalled my system on Window 8. When I tried to start the game, nothing happend. I tried to run it with compatibility on Windows 7, but the game still doesn't work. Please, what should I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hi Wavy!

-

When you purchased your game, did you get it via a physical copy (DVD/CD Disc) or download?

-

If you have a disc copy, you could try re-installing the game, which should hopefully make it compatible, although re-installing it may cause you to lose data, so I recommend backing up the game data or any other relevant data before this.

-

If you have a downloaded copy, is there any way you can re-download the game and re-install it again? Check above to see the possible problems with this.

-

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I´ve got original CD with key from game shop. I reinstalled it but it still doesn't work.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don´t have Win 8.

First try medium bloke sugestions, if don´t work the Windows family have a forgothen option; retrocompability, because Win 8 contains in his codes Win 7, XP, 2000, compabilitys codes in their system, unfortunuly i don´t know the way to acess that (i don´t remeber you can do that by program manegement or in program options, use the sapience of uncles Google and Bing), if that don´t resolves try the support site of publisher of this game.

I hope i help you and forgive my bad english, it´s self learnerd.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've emailed publisher and he told me that the OF: RR is not compatible with Win8 and they are not planning patch for Win 8 yet. I told him that what I wrote here. He told me that the trying to run it with compatibility for Win 7 should work, I've tried it and I've tried it with Win XP SP3 compatibility. The game will start, but after 1 second it'll crash. Should I try to update the game? How can I fix the crashing?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Siren. If the publisher stated the game is not compatible for Windows 8, that means it's not suppose to work in Windows 8. Running 3rd party games in compatibility mode is out of our realm of support, therefore you will need to contact the developer again to get support on that. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.