Community Spotlight? Is it just me or does it seem like you have to be a game blogger or part of a gaming website just to get in the Community Spotlight?

It just seems they have ties to these groups and people that don't won't get it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Are you talking about the Gamer Spotlight? i have noticed a lot of recent entries that have gaming sites. It all has to do with whoever is choosing the winners.

Regardless, it is much better now then when Trixie used to do it. Her gamer spotlight picks would either be females, or military. Like, 90% of the time. Not that I have an issue with either of these, it just showed how narrow of a field she was looking for in a gamer.

And I thought I got picked because I was "cool"!  *insert sad face emote* or :-(

[quote user="ChickinOnaChain"]

And I thought I got picked because I was "cool"!  *insert sad face emote* or :-(

[/quote]

You are cool, ChickinOnaChain. :)

You don't need to run a gaming website or blog. You have just as much of a shot to get in the spotlight as anyone else, of course it helps if your nomination email is interesting and something separates you from everyone else.

But, as the instructions on how to enter state, they get thousands of nominations every week, so don't be distraught if you aren't accepted.

I submitted myself and my friend Makabre a few times for the Trixie and for the Spotlight. Never got picked. I guess we were nto interesting enough either! Though I thought it was a cool story that we met on xbox live when we were 18 (back in 2002) and have become best friends for almost 10 ears now.

Would be nice if some of the gamers in this forums submitted me ...still waiting since Trixie was in charge.

@Bad Instincts...submit yourself Dude.  I did.

@Sickboy...Thanks!!!

I already did since Trixxie...but if is still  like Jhony and the OP said then i guess is a waste of time.

I don't know if that military thing is true or who's even running it now.  But I wouldn't stop trying, if I wanted to do it.  Go for it Bad! 

Ive tried a couple of times. Never got picked. I still submit a request every now and then.