Common Sense In Defense On Rush

Defensive Postions: Even the strongest military defenses can be overrunned. Or just simply bypassed. Now matter how "great" your defense are, there is always a way to beat it. Never pay too much attention to one given area. Be aware of where things are and what is happening around you at all times. Don't over stretch yourself. Know what your objective is. Protect the M-COMMS!!!!

Break The Will Of The Attackers: Once you have your enemy figured out and you know his plans, use it to your advantage. Find his weakness. If none is visible, create one. Take the fight to him on your terms. Fight him where YOU want to fight. That means forcing the attackers into an area that suits your defenses. But stay aware of the status of teammates and objectives. But most importantly, not every man has to counter-attack. One squad should be back near the objectives.

Be Reletentless: Your job as the defenders is not to break nor bend. Doing so could cause your team to loose the battle. Always keep hitting your enemy hard until they quit fighting or can't fight back.

Never Ever Quit: Never say it is over until it is over. Any attack can be defeated. All it takes is one team's ability to adapt to the ever changing situation that is war that can turn the tide of the whole battle.

The "Tactical Withdraw:" When defenders get overwhelmed, sometimes it is best to fall back. This is called the "Tactical Withdraw." What you are doing is leaving that area for a better defensive postion and regrouping forces to either brace for the next **** or counter-attack. This can also give you more time to wear the attackers down and grind the **** to a grinding dead halt. Then you can push them right back where they came from. Always think about routes you take when you attack that base on that map. Someone else might know that route too.

Final Thoughts: Always remember that the wars in Battlefield Bad Company 2, or any other Battlefield game is won by hard fighting soldiers on the ground. Those that never quit are often rewarded with victory.

Feel free to add any points you feel might have been left out.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

destroy everything. if it moves, it's a target. oh, use smoke to obscure the vision of the idiots sitting back with a 12x scope while attacking. I see more games lost because of idiot snipers getting 5 kills in a game and not even breaking 1000 points during the whole match. Remember, 12x only magnifies your stupidity.

Stop whining about the snipers you cry-baby. Not everyone in the game is there for your enjoyment, let everyone just enjoy the game as they like.

I dont mind it when theres a couple of 12x wooksters on my team,It can be useful Imo.I think it only becomes a problem if you have 4 or 5 of em.as long as im not squading up with more than 1.Nothing worse than having to run a full map length after respawning.It happened to me attacking the end crates on Arica rush yesterday,I ended up right back near the sniper towers at the start!I had to stop and rest my thumb part way!No joke!

I don't care if people want to play recon and snipe, but if you are on offense and doing it, it does your team and especially your squad absolutely no good at all if you are  still in your spwan or worse in the previous spawn trying to kill people. Your 5-10 kills you get all game does nothing to help out your team. Also if your whole team is trying to back camp when on deffense you will lose as the few people who sneak by you arm objectives that you are no where near to defend.

OP, this is not WoW. Don't take the game so serious...

Looks like you put some thought into this.  For that congrats.  I respectfully disagree.  I have very diffrent ideas on how things go sideways in rush.

I do however think your strats will work if you find 3 other like minded individuals.  The squad is everything in rush.

I am not of likemind though.

when Defending a great combo for core rush is a Recon with a redscope and a one shot weapon, they toss out sensor balls near the mcom were they are guarding and a Assault guards it too giving ammo to the Recon who keeps the sensor balls coming unending, a medic two and another recon doing the same on a squad all guarding a Mcom in a indestructible building will last and no solo attackers will make it in.  The only way for the Attackers to get in would be a full on 4 man or more Squad going in guns smoke, grenades and everything blazing.

This is where playing as a good team you'll most always win unless the other team plays as a even better team.

On Rush your defending team should always be close and near the Mcom that needs to be defended, any team mate that ventures out of the area is not helping, I am talking about in a full even matched game.

When there are still 2 Mcoms left and the Attackers go below 30 tickets if you keep holding thyose Mcoms like you have for the frist 50 you know your one your way to winning, but if there is 1 Mcom left and still 25 tickets the Attacking team does have a chance, if they work as a team with Squads going in from each side and useing Crossfire to kill defenders who try to disarm the armed Mcom.

[quote user="THE DUTCHMAN 68"]

Stop whining about the snipers you cry-baby. Not everyone in the game is there for your enjoyment, let everyone just enjoy the game as they like.

[/quote]lol. I destroy snipers all the time, I ruin their days, ruin their games and hopefully get them to switch to a class that doesn't suck. At least get them to play the game, not dry hump every bush 500 meters away from the objective. I play the game to deter idiots from equiping a silly 12x scope. Try to make me stop.

[quote user="BKB ShadowVegas"]

[quote user="THE DUTCHMAN 68"]

[/quote]lol. I destroy snipers all the time, I ruin their days, ruin their games and hopefully get them to switch to a class that doesn't suck. At least get them to play the game, not dry hump every bush 500 meters away from the objective. I play the game to deter idiots from equiping a silly 12x scope. Try to make me stop.

[/quote]

So, you purposely go out of your way to be an even less effective player than the bush wookie, just to antagonize him? I mean, instead of the one sniper (in this circumstance) staying back on the map and not going towards the objectives, now you add to the number of teammates not doing so, instead of ignoring him. No offense or anything, but you're contradicting yourself with your own logic there, which is confusing. Am I going to tell you stop? No, of course not. Just wondering if that's what you meant to convey; appearing to be an even more useless player than someone you say is so 'stupid.' Just wondering, is all.

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

So, you purposely go out of your way to be an even less effective player than the bush wookie, just to antagonize him? I mean, instead of the one sniper (in this circumstance) staying back on the map and not going towards the objectives, now you add to the number of teammates not doing so, instead of ignoring him. No offense or anything, but you're contradicting yourself with your own logic there, which is confusing. Am I going to tell you stop? No, of course not. Just wondering if that's what you meant to convey; appearing to be an even more useless player than someone you say is so 'stupid.' Just wondering, is all.

[/quote]

Just to play Devils Advocate and in all fairness, sometimes, just sometimes it works. Stand in front of a "useless" wookie or fire your gun right over their head and just sometimes they get the point and move closer. I've even had on a few (and far between) occasions, a bush wookie change Class and run with the rest of the Squad.