Combining Microsoft Account and credit card for purchase

Hi there,

I wanted to buy DuckTales Remastered for 360 today. After a ocnversion of microsoft points I still have 11,05 Euro in my account, so I need 3,34 Euro more to buy it. So far so good, I entered my credit card information.

But when I want to buy the game, the payment option for microsoft account is inactive, and the full amount would be paid from credit card. How on earth am I going to get rid of the 11,05 Euro in my microsoft account if I cannot combine it with a different payment option??? Even if I buy a cheaper game with it, there will always be money left over, which would be my loss and a win for microsoft. (i know it does not seem like much, but consider thousands of accounts.)

Is there a way to clear my account and refund the money there to my credit card? even better: make it possible to combine purchase options! 

thanks,

jsb

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 236 Applies to:

You will need to make the purchase on the console. Start paying with your credit card and it will ask if you want to use the remaining currency in your account first and then charge the remainder to your card.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you very much that worked. Now I can enjoy the full game :-)

Then I didn't loose any money, but this is done not very intuitive. Microsoft could really add the information that the remaining credit can be used BEFORE you choose to purchase from credit card.

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you for posting this. I hope it helps when I find something to spend my remaining balance.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Dylanthalus!

Glad to hear this thread helped! Be sure to post a new thread if you need assistance in the future, thanks! :)

Sorry this didn't help.