Collector's Edition is out!

Here is the info, sorry if it doesn't like properly. my PC hates these forums.

http://www.gamestop.ca/collection/elder-scrolls-v

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

well obviously your pc must hate these forums, it posted this like two days after a couple other threads of the same topic. you should get it looked at.

Sold out first day over here

It's overpriced and no bonus in gameplay

[quote user="pkvas"]

[/quote]

That's what it should be. CE's are for people who love the game and want to show that love. Not for completionists who want an extra set of armor.

[quote user="Taldarin"]

[quote user="pkvas"]

[/quote]

That's what it should be. CE's are for people who love the game and want to show that love. Not for completionists who want an extra set of armor.

[/quote]

that's only half the definition. ce's are for fans of the series franchise and want something that enhances the experience outside of the actual game. it's the little things like halsey's journal and dom's photograph and the fallout 3 lunchbox and dead space 2 plasma cutter that make the experience of playing the game come alive. statues and art books and making of dvds are always nice and fairly standard for most ce's, but it's a bit cheap of the dev and publisher to have those as the entirety of the ce, and damn near a complete ripoff when they price it at $150 regardless of how nice the plastic used for the statue is and whatnot.

Yes. Skyrim comes with a map. It's covered.

I think the cloth map is nice, but there is now farking way I'll be shelling out an extra $90 for a screen printed map, a "making of" DVD and a plastic statue... no matter HOW cool the statue looks.

Collector's Editions should be about the tangible items, hence the term "Collector's" . It's something you can look at years from now and think "Man, I remember when that came out.  And it was AWESOME".  Too many lame Limited Eds and such flooding the market at the moment with nothing Limited about them save a different cover and a piece of "unique" DLC.  Whoopdy doo. I'd rather have bigger, full expansions  than the micro-transactionesque DLC weare starting to see more and more.

If the sizes are correct on that picture of TESV:S CE, I'd say it's definitely worth the money.  Think about how much a book like that would go for on it's own, then the same for that dragon.  Now add them together and throw a brand-new game into the mix.  TBH I wish they'd allocated a bigger amount to NZ, coz I'd pick one up for sure.

If it wasn't for the Halo Anniversary, Forza 4, Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3 and my wife's brithday, I would be all over this. A 12" polystone dragon sitting on your shelf... what's not to love...

Agreed. While my lack of sufficient income is a big hindrance, it would be a lot easier to budget the collector's edition if there wasn't other games coming this year that I want to get too.

Though would say that I did wish they used something more substantial in making the stature. Something similar to the Big Daddy statue from Bioshock would of been perfect.