Cod4

There seems to be nothing being done about it, i got deranked today and now i can't even play in a game.

I know Activision wants everyone on the newer games but it isn't it here duty to fix the game?

honestly whats the point of buying live if you cant play the games you want to?

Has xbox done anything? 

is there anything being done?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That is CoD. Unless it is the most recent one, they just let it sit there and boil.

I have been "dropped" into several "de-rank" lobbies lately. Thought you had to accept an invite to these lobbies, although I don't know why anyone would accept. I hit the dashboard button asap to prevent any problems.

If you notice a negative score in the game, 2000/1899 in red lettering, instead of green, DO NOT FIRE A SHOT or you are screwed. Dashboard immediately!!!!!

Every day, it is something new with COD4. M$ should just shut down the servers since it is beyond repair, either through IW or M$ complaint system....... Evidently, IW is out of the picture and apparently M$ is too busy counting their money and concentrating on other games to accept complaints on COD4 and PERMANENTLY banning people.....

[quote user="Gary Killer15"]

Every day, it is something new with COD4. M$ should just shut down the servers since it is beyond repair, either through IW or M$ complaint system....... Evidently, IW is out of the picture and apparently M$ is too busy counting their money and concentrating on other games to accept complaints on COD4 and PERMANENTLY banning people.....

[/quote]

See this forum. Just because it's not necessarily public that someone has been banned, does not mean it has not happened. File complaints on the people responsible for these lobbies and then Dashboard, because that way you should hopefully see an improvement over time. Infinity Ward is developing Modern Warfare 3, so I'm hoping that once it releases they will patch Call of Duty 4. I remember reading somewhere on Twitter that it would happen some time during the near future, but it is Twitter, so it could be taken with a pinch of salt.

Why would IW bother patching a game that is 4 years old?  I understand that people still play it and are complaining, but seriously.... they've moved on.

Also, what does Microsoft/xbox have to do with shoddy online matches in CoD4?  Its not their game.  If you're going to complain/whine, at least do it in the correct general location.

Eggnogga,

Because people still think Microsoft host cod servers.

I honestly still have some fun with the game, but the game really is broken. Its sad what it has become.

Yep I just had the same thing happen tonight. I got dumped into a public match that was apparently "modded" and now i have -10trillion experience. So I'm going to cancel my xBox live subscription. I don't care if COD is 4 years old. If it is available on Xbox Live, it needs to be supported and patched. I'm not going to waste my time playing a game just to have it destroyed by a hacker. And I refuse to plop down 60 bucks to get the newest / latest / greatest edition.

the last couple of days found me wanting to play WAW, MW, and MW2. have been seeing all of the .coms for mods on the gamer tags of people who just killed someone. I just leave the game and block. I went to the bans link someone posted but Im still not sure about something. If in one of these rooms, even if I leave right away, Im I in danger of getting banned along wth the offender? I found that I missed WAW and had a little fun with it, but theres only about 10,000 players on and I am just worrid I wont be able to play for fear of getting banned.

just tried playing cod4 for the first time in about a year. what happened? i could not find a single game where over half the people were playing were modded or the game had been hacked to outragious play. why do people enjoy this? i find testing my skills in a straight up match so much more fun. its a shame something more cant be done to bring things back to the way it was intended.

This is what happens when developers rely on p2p hosting and not dedicated servers. It's ridiculous that a company/publisher that makes billions every year off these rehashed games can't give everyone dedicated servers.