COD: Ghosts reinstalling, taken 2 days to update

I installed COD: Ghosts when I got my console on launch day. I then installed the update. This took about 8 hours,
I played Forza for about a week, then decided to continue with Ghosts and it said it needed an update.
I've been waiting 2 days for Ghosts to update. It's really, really annoying.  
Set it off Saturday night, was out all day Sunday so turned on the TV Sunday night - 38% complete. This morning it was 85% complete. 

I've now disconnected from the net and it says it's installing! I installed it the day I got it.

This is really poor - having to wait hours and days to play a game I've paid money for.
This also happened with Forza, plus whenever I bought a car it would contact the servers to try and download designs, and it would also hang for hours until I found the fix
that says to select 'colors' instead.
Why can't I put in my game disk and play the game instead of having to wait for days before it allows me to?????
I've had to disconnect from the net in order to install it.
It's just completed - I'm going to connect again and see if it wants yet another update.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Yay! COD needs an update, size of 1257MB. I'm starting it now, 18:21 local time

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It says 64%, and also "Ready to start!". But when I press "A" nothing happens.

What's going on? Is it ready to start or not?

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Enzoweb! Looks like you got 64% of the update in 2 minutes, that's not bad. Game files are way, way bigger on Xbox One than they were on previous generations. They're going to take more time to install.

If the games are downloading and not on disc, then that download time will be affected by your connection speed as well. It may help to check your network connection and see if it's running at its best.

Sorry this didn't help.

No,it didn't update to 64% in 2 minutes, it continued where it left off after I disconnected from the net.

It took another hour and 20 minutes to download and update before I could play. So why does it say "Ready to Start" when it isn't?

Why can't it download the update in the background, let me play while it's downloading, then ask to apply the update which is what other software does? Windows doesn't stop working while it downloads updates. I work in IT and I don't tell my users that I need to apply a patch so they have to wait while I download it from the internet.

The game is on disk, not a download.

You haven't answered my other question - I installed the game on launch day, so why does it have to re-install?

What I am annoyed about is that I expect to put the disk in, allow for some time for it to install to the HDD, then be able to play. But with both Forza and COD it won't let me play until it's downloaded an update, and this has taken literally days. Looking at other forums, everybody is complaining that game installs stick on 0% for hours, or shoot up to 98% and sit there for hours with no indication on how long it will take.

Sorry this didn't help.