COD Ghosts has installed but won't update or play!?!

Ok so, I've completed the initial startup update and this has completed allowing me to use the xbone. I've been playing around in the dashboard with no problems. I insert COD Ghosts (disk) and it starts to install... Part way through it say ready to play, not sure what percentage of the install it was at but that shouldn't matter right? So the game start to load then... COD Ghosts needs and update... Getting ready (loading circle arrears on screen). Them all of a sudden 'There was a problem with the update'. I try again, no luck. I check network connection with both wired and wireless. Both fine and no problems. I wait for the install to complete and try again, same thing. It say COD Ghosts needs and update but it won't update cause 'there is a problem with the update'... Meanwhile it keeps flicking between (in a loop) to the COD Ghosts startup image (as if the game is starting) then back to needs an update screen, then to problem with update screed and so on. Is anyone else having problems with COD Ghosts update??? Joe

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Think I have a fix... I uninstalled the game, ejected the disk then reinserted.

I then selected the disk 'install now' and it started however it popped up saying an update for this game is required, install now and I said yes. (Last time I installed offline and tried updating after the game install had competed) it sat a 0% for 5 mins or so (while the game update downloaded I presume) the % steadily increasing as the game was installing... Then at about 35% it said ready to play and worked fine.

Anyone having similar issues, I would try uninstalling, then updating the game first before the game install if that makes sense.

Hope this helps guys!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for this post, I'll try that right now. I am having the same problem. It is very upsetting to spend $600 to get the xbox and game and to just watch it flip out!  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.