COD: Ghosts automatically jumps into campaign?

anytime I start up to play call of duty ghosts it'll automatically put me into a random chapter of the campaign without giving me an option of what I want to do then I have to save and quit to go back to the multiplayer. Anyone else have this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I was having the same problem last week, though it was taking me to the end of the campaign every time. now its not recognizing that I have played the game and has me go through brightness set up and safe zone settings. Also takes extra long to load all the 2 games that I play most, Ghosts and Titanfall. any solutions yet?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same issue here - except I have reinstalled the game and all DLC 5 times and while it jumps to the campaign as soon as you launch, if I back out and go to multiplayer or squads, it just goes back and forth between the Ghosts picture of the Earth (loading screen) and a black screen, and every few minutes it syncs my profile in an endless loop. I have reinstalled from MS store, from disc, always turn off the xbox completely. Did a hard reboot with a power removal several times. Deleted my local profile, then deleted both local and online profile before reinstalling twice more. No dice. Instead of getting a double XP weekend, I spent all weekend trying to fix. On every other game my average number of installs for a fully working game (all maps or tracks fully working) is around 10 full installs. I usually spend a week getting the install just right. I did the same for Ghosts but the latest patched caused this issue. I am a network engineer, it has nothing to do with the network and I have 50/10mbps connection which Xbox 360 takes advantage of, but Xbox One does not seem to. I have 3 360s and 2 Xbox Ones and the kids don't play the Xbox One - only use it for a couple of trials or netflix for kids as it's much easier to jump online and play the 360. My son traded his Xbox day one version of COD for the 360. Maybe he was wiser than I as he played all weekend while I troubleshot. Don't get me started on Titanfall, but at least it was working this weekend. The issue there is the cloud.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this same issue, yet my friend who plays on my console didn't have this issue, go figure.  But with the latest patch and release of DLC this past Thursday (4/3), I have not had this issue that I know of.  I believe (tentatively) that this may finally be patched?

Sorry this didn't help.

Agreed, Blackwatch, I tbink this is finally resolved. Additionally, the feature which "remembers" where you were in the game (e.g. skipping directly to the MP menu) even after completely quitting out of the game and playing something else appears to be working now!

Sorry this didn't help.

This was an issue with an update they released for Ghosts and got patched out with the new update. Was annoying as heck but spamming A during boot up prevents it going into Campaign if you don't have the new update.

Sorry this didn't help.