COD: Black Ops II disc making a repeating sound when being played in Xbox 360

Hi guys,

I need help with a problem regarding my COD: Black Ops II disc. Just recently, my game disc got two cracks on the inner ring (shiny silver part) due to the collector's case I got with my game. Whenever I put the disc into my Xbox 360, it will read it just fine and start up the game. However, before the Treyarch and Activision intros show up on the screen, the disc will stop working and start making sort of a "rummmm, rummmm, rummmm, ..." sound, repeating forever until I press the eject button on the console and I reach the dashboard. Even when the disc stops, the game will continue to work properly until I click on Multiplayer, Campaign, or Zombies (any of the three). I can also hear a click with each "rummmm" sound. I tried to see if I could fix this by applying a little pressure on the cracks so there is no space in between, as well as putting very clear gift-wrapping tape on the front side of the disc (the labels and the graphic part) where the cracks are. I know the second thought wasn't really a good idea, but I thought it was worth a try. So far, only this disc has caused this problem for me. All of my other game discs are in very good condition, just a few small scatches on the surfaces of the discs. I installed the game using my friend's disc and tried to run the game again. This time, the game loaded the story, so I could play Singleplayer. Also, the other two options didn't work and the game froze when pressing A on either one. The biggest worry for me is that I don't want to end up braking my Xbox 360 or the game disc, and I wouldn't want to buy the game again.

If any other information is needed, feel free to ask! Hoping to see some replies soon...

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

If your disc is cracked at all then you shouldn't be using it period. It could shatter inside your console and render your disc drive inoperable. Your game is having problems reading. The inside circle is the most important part of the game. If that's cracked or damaged, then replace your disc. Installing your game will help to negate the issues. Black Ops discs are tightly packed, and the console spins the drive up very fast to ensure proper read times.

tl;dr, Don't use your disc, replace it. The new discs are very, very cheap, and could shatter inside your console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So far, I've found out that my friends' Xbox 360s both read the disc just fine and are able to start the game without any problems. Also, my Xbox 360 makes the exact same repeating sound when starting up my cracked Grand Theft Auto IV disc (also cracked from the inner ring). Could this be a problem with my disc drive, or is it just the discs?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.