COD Black Ops Cheating

OK.    I'm extremely upset about Microsoft not doing anything about regulating Hackers and Cheaters in COD Black Ops.  This is totally out of control, and it's becoming ridiculous!!!  It's very obvious that people are hacking and cheating, so when are they going to do something about it??  Nothing destroys a persons sense of enjoyment and entertainment more than that.  Im sure I can speak for many out there who have busted their tail to earn achievements, and move up through the ranks legitimately.  MICROSOFT!!!  DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Agreed.. COD WaW is utterly unplayable now too

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I know there are major issues with Call of Duty 4 and World at War, but I have not seen any modding in Black Ops and I'm aware of no issues with this title.  Please explain.

Sorry this didn't help.

The best thing you can do is if you see a gamer cheating back out and go to recent players, then file a complaint for system tampering. That is the only way xblpet can review this problem other then going into the games themselves. As for game hacks it is up to activision and treyarch to make a patch to fix it, Once the dedicated servers come out i think when mod warefare 3 is released if you are caught cheating on them you will be banned permenently from playing on them. So all the hacking knobheads will be using the normal servers and those of us that can rank up without hacking can use the dedicated servers, you have to pay but at least you won't have to put up with annoying kids and adults  who think there is nothing wrong with being a *** and ruining online play.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you considered that these people really are that good? Unless they're flying around like Superman while raining down nuclear death on everyone in which case I've got nothing.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree partly some people are very good but sometimes it's obvious if they using a lag switch. And most people know how long it take to get to prestige 15 on black ops so i check peoples combat record if i am suspcious someone has prestiged by boosting or other means. Saying that you should be sure someone is hacking before filing complaints and if not just submit player review and avoid player  for being to good.

Sorry this didn't help.

Feel free to give us specific examples of the so called cheating/hacking that you have come across. I have been playing Black Ops since release and have not encountered any cheats/mods. Millions of other players have also not encountered them.

Lag switching is something that is not game specific and is not controllable by anyone other that the person initiating it. So there is nothing for MS to fix in regards to that. The only thing they can do is punish the people for using one on their service so be sure to file a complaint should you encounter someone using one. FYI, there are two methods for using a lag switch, one is more common than the other and you must be host in order to use it (the host can be found by being the only person in the room with four full bars). The other method you do not need to be host to use it but I will not disclose that information to prevent anyone from using that method themselves should any unscrupulous players venture into this thread.

However, Black Ops is known for its poor netcoding so it could just be the game itself bhaving that way and not another player at all. I've been in rooms where everyone had four full bars and extreme lag. I've also been in rooms where no one had anything above two yellow bars and played smooth as ever.

The Combat Training rank glitch has been long since patched by Treyarch and anyone who used that glitch has been rank reset. That was more than several months ago.

And finally, MS is not responsible for fixing/patching in-game issues. That is the sole responsibility of the Game Developer. The only thing MS can do is punish the people for using mods/cheats on their service in those games. So file a complaint, avoid player review and move on. But you better be sure. If you are filing complaints simply because you are a sore loser those will come back to bite you as filing false complaints will get enforcement action taken against you.

When in doubt, use Theater Mode. Watch the match from the alleged cheater/modder perspective. I've done that a few times when I thought something was hinkey only to find out it was simply lag or something else entirely.

Sorry this didn't help.

It took me less than 30 seconds to find Velocity cheats through an internet search, amongst other companies offering cheating systems for Black Ops. So lets hit real street here, you have to be a blind tibetan monk not to see the blatant cheating going on!! Yeah, there are good players out there, really good, but they're as easy to spot as the cheaters. And I'm sorry but if you are paying for xbox live and the game then in my eyes it is the responsibility of both service providers to ensure that it is a cheat free environment. And it is for these reasons that i am seriously considering switching to Playstation. It seems to have been adequately addressed by them. And lets be honest, its not just COD. It occurs on many other multiplayer games.

Sorry this didn't help.