CoD 4 filled with hackers...

Hi. I played CoD 4 recently and ran into a lot of hackers online (like in public matches, playing Domination and that stuff) and I've been filing complaints on every hacker I find.

My first question is if Infinity Ward is going to fix this anytime soon. CoD 4 used to be a great game and would have balance but now with all these people using these hacks/exploits/what ever you want to call them, it's hard to actually play the game without being killed every 2 seconds.

I've been reading that a lot of people have been having themselves deranked because of these people. Will that happen to me if I play a public, online match now? Can they mess up my CoD 4 game?

Thanks. Just wanted to know. If I find it's dangerous playing CoD 4 online now, then I'll head back to MW2 and play on there. (even though there are a lot of noobtubers on there...)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Put it this way IW have had four years to fix COD4 and nothing has changed. Read Grey's FAQ of mightyness just above here for what you need to do should you end up in a dodgy lobby.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help. I didn't dashboard during the middle of the game, but left the lobby and then turned off my Xbox immediantly afterwards. I haven't checked my rank on CoD 4, but I don't really care if my rank was reset or anything. I didn't have that high of a rank anyways. My MW2 and Black Ops ranks seem to be intact, so I'm happy about that.

I did report the GT. I also got a message later on in the day about an infections lobby and reported and blocked communications with the person. Glad the XBL team is finally getting rid of these guys.

Thanks for the help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.