cockpit view in halo 4?

one thing that would give halo some freshness and some more immersion would be a first person view in vehicles or a full cockpit view, i hope they do this for halo 4

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

People wanted it for Reach too. I believe there was a trailer for the game WAAAAAY prior to release that showed someone driving a Warthog through The Spire in 1st person, but was ultimately cut from the game. I think having a toggle on and off for 1st person in vehicles would make for some awesome experience. You could use RB to toggle since it isn't used as any vehicle action in the current control scheme.

I suggest posting your idea in the Waypoint forums over at the 343i Forums so that they can see your idea and maybe get some attention to it.

I'd use it (and love it) in the campaign but trolls would ruin it online.

How would they ruin it online? It'd be person specific toggle. It wouldn't be like only the driver has control of the toggle feature. So you could use it in the gunner position while the driver drives in 3rd person.

~

Imagine what a Falcon or a Banshee would look like from a 1st person view? That'd be amazing.

Noble 29... your wrong, RB is used for brake, try it, not many people know about it.

Ah, you're right! I completely forgot about the E-brake. I hardly ever use it, I usually use RT for the brake so I can drift around corners without losing too much speed. My mistake.

~

Ok, then we can use a different button. Is LB used at all? I just think one of the bumpers make sense because they're easily accessible, and you don't press them accidentally too often.

It doesn't matter which button, lol [:P].

Somewhere, at some point on the controller, there is a spare button for vehicles. I think it's a cool idea though, and while I think the vehicles would have to be a little more responsive for it to work (Colin McRae Dirt, anyone?), it would be a fine thing to add.

I wouldn't be using it to gun though, I have to say.

It would be cool to see first person view while driving a Warthog. One of the coolest things of Star Wars Battlefront (I) was the first person cockpit view and being able to customize your controls so that FPS/TPS view was switchable during game. I think it's awesome when games experiment with both views. When I used to play MW2, I used to play a lot of Third Person Team Tactical, because it was different but a lot of fun too.

MW2 is pretty good so I have tried the third person view a few times.

I gave up after having people consistently jump out from around corners firing, and because the third person in that game was abysmal. Far too inaccurate.

Trolls would ruin it because first person view while immersive is limiting in your range of sight. If you could switch between 1st and 3rd person views on the fly people who don't care about immersion and only want to get the cheap thrill of winning an online game by whatever they can exploit (ie trolls) would simply use the 3rd person view to get the drop on you. If they changed it completely to where you only had 1st person view it would be more balanced, but it would **** a lot of people off.

Ehh honestly, I don't think I'd like it being optional or 1st person because like you said, your view is limited.  However, I think maybe for vehicles with someone riding shotgun/carries a turret 1st person view might be a good idea because riding the falcon is kinda like that; You can really only see the turret you're operating to aim the reticle. That really doesn't change as with any other vehicle, so it's only fair.  But trying to drive a tank in 1st person, already tried that in UT3, I think, and it can get confusing trying to move where ever and aim at the same time.  Sometimes Halo's tank alone is a bit frustrating when you're moving forward, then when you need to get turned or something its own positioning throws ya off a little as to which direction to move.