Club: "Alan Wake", meh...

Last week I was browsing a Pawn Shop when I saw this copy of A. W. pristine for just $9.99, and picked it up, never was interested in this game at all, but, at this price and the prospect of some achievements, well, I just could not pass it out.

Now just beat it yesterday and I got to say, this game doest live up all the hype it had before release at all, in my opinion this is why:

Why Alan Wake is so much of a Pu#*y?, just a couple blows and he's dead even in normal difficulty...

Why after sprinting just a few yards he's like he just run the Boston Marathon?, gasping like a girl and the taken always chatching up like nothing...

Why so linear, if I'm gonna put up with the typical hockey achievement (collect xxx amount of cr#*p) game, why I cannot explore a little bit more, specially in later episodes, because the first few ones are a total bore and yawn...

Well, this and other things that made the really so meh, but I have to say the story line is somewhat interesting.

Final score; just a big MEH...

Thanx.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Alan Wake is not for everyone. I liked the DLC better than many of the episodes in the game. I did not mind its linear aspect, I thought there was enough exploring and cool little nifty things to be found. I do agree the collecting is crazy, though the radio and tv shows were really cool and I enjoyed that a lot. It reminded me of Prey.

Yep, Alan can die pretty quickly, justs adds more stress and anxiety to the game to give it a bit of a more realistic feel, after all he's not a superhero. It's a different kind of game. : )

2 things:  1) You bought it for $9.99 and you're complaining like you spent 60 bucks. lol.   2)  What the hell is a hockey achievement?

The fact that you bought the game for achievements, tells me all I need to know.  Your points from then on meant nothing to me, as you're just a silly achievement wh***.   I mean who buys all of the CSI games?  Oh yeah, an achievement wh*** lol.  Anyone who plays games to earn some meaningless number, is not a true gamer in my eyes.  You'd probably be fine with paying someone to earn them for you.  I would rather listen to the person you hired to play the games for you, than you.

Let me beat you with a shovel or a pick axe and let's see how many hits you can take :)

[quote user="DutRank"]

Let me beat you with a shovel or a pick axe and let's see how many hits you can take :)

[/quote]Lol.

I have to agree with the main poster. I bought it about a month after it's released used from GameStop (so still pretty close to $60.) Anyways I finished it within like 3 or 4 days and felt the same way, just meh... It was the first used game that I took advantage of GS' 7-day return policy.

Just not my type of game I guess. Obviously a lot of people liked it, but I was very unimpressed.

[quote user="cpt jaredkent"]Just not my type of game I guess. Obviously a lot of people liked it[/quote]Not everything is like Halo.  I see you play a lot of those games.  Well it makes sense you wouldn't appreciate how fantastic AW is.

I enjoyed Alan Wake the few times I went through it. The atmosphere was good, the fact that you can't take many hits was fine (made sense, he's a normal dude), felt dread when you'd venture off a ways and you could tell enemies were going to come after you. I liked the "feel" of it I guess. I did kind of feel like "that's it? meh..." when I finished it. Felt like it just sort of ended.

Wish I payed more attention to what was going on in the story though. Playing at funky late hours and I just zone a lot of things out and mindlessly go about playing the game lol. Been ages since I played it last. No longer have the game and kind of itching to give it another play through.

Cool story bro.

[quote user="DutRank"]

[/quote]

lol..........now that was funny!  On a similar note...........try running full sprint up a mountain trail and see how far you get before the huffing and puffing starts.