Cloud Game Saving

So I read in a magazine this is coming out for xbox (specifically in the fall update) - Is this true? I certainly hope it is as will allow upgrading to a new 360 much easier.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Yes there is cloud services is coming to XBOX 360.

I don't think upgrading to a new 360 is really the intended purpose here. All it does is allow you play games across multiple consoles. You still need to use a transfer cable if you want to have access to all your content such as DLC, arcade games, media, and whatever else you have stored on your HDD. And while you're doing all that, you might as well transfer over your saved games.

Cloud saving is a cool feature, though. If I go over to a friends house and he let's me try out some game I've never heard of, and I put a good hour in to it and it turns out to be awesome, prompting me to go buy it. I don't have to play through that whole hour all over again. I can just pick up where I left off.

I hate cloud.

Because if you got all your game saves, and even your games themselves saved there, with the need of a disc no longer needed, when your internet goes out (you know it'll go out sooner or later), you are going to be bored.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

I don't think upgrading to a new 360 is really the intended purpose here. All it does is allow you play games across multiple consoles. You still need to use a transfer cable if you want to have access to all your content such as DLC, arcade games, media, and whatever else you have stored on your HDD. And while you're doing all that, you might as well transfer over your saved games.

Cloud saving is a cool feature, though. If I go over to a friends house and he let's me try out some game I've never heard of, and I put a good hour in to it and it turns out to be awesome, prompting me to go buy it. I don't have to play through that whole hour all over again. I can just pick up where I left off.

[/quote]

I know that upgrading to a new 360 is the intended purpose, but I was just stating it will be a hand feature for when I go to upgrade my 360 - although I didn't think about DLC and arcade games, so the point may be moot now.

Also thanks for the answers guys, very happy to hear its coming.