Cloud Busted

Wow does this deck stink.  I really wanna like it but after tinkering with it for days..I'm through with it. 

One major issue is how the AI taps the land for you.  If I have a "Into the Roil" and the card that copies any instant and I have 2 Islands and 2 Mountains....I should be able to cast both cards..but the computer taps One Island and one mountain..so now I can't cast the other card.

This is just one example of this happening...It happens alot with this deck...plus the fact that the cards are too expensive to cast mostly and hurt you as well.

If a card says "I MAY draw a card and then discard" then I should have a choice, right?  Nope...aghhh!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's a decent tempo deck, but the auto-tapping hurts it like the Tezz deck.  I'd cut Murder of Crows though; aside from mandatory looting (which needs to be fixed), the deck relies more on bouncing for tempo gains than killing.

It's got my vote as the worst deck in the game. And yes I'm 100% serious. Sad too because Red and Blue is my favorite color combination.

Yeah,  I started playing around with this deck and have come to the conclusion that it pretty much Sux.  It's like it's trying to be a fast burn deck and a slow control deck at the same time.  It just fails at both.  It's a shame, because I love the "sac at end of turn" guys, but then it just fizzles out.  I think if this deck had the kiln fiends and Chandra had spark elementals and Ball lightnings both decks would be better.  

If they just changed the quality of the bounce cards and the quality of the creatures they use, the deck would be a better option. As it stands you simply cannot use the one and done creatures becuase the bounce sucks. That leaves you with Stormcrow and Sparkmage Apprentice. The Apprentice at least has some uses against Jace, Equipment, Vamps, and Koth, but Stormcrow?  You are born to die, my bird friend.

I haven't tried this deck yet, I've just seen a bunch of people playing it poorly online.  That SUX about the may ability though!  That makes me not even wanna bother with it.

The inablity to choose what lands you tap really hurts this deck. :(

MR FRAID is the only person I have seen use this deck successfully, and he doesn't use the one and done creatures, which I find a very smart move. It's better at control than it is at burn, even if it sort of sucks at both. I think they made the deck to half way counter Jace, sort of counter burn, and roll over dead against most everything else.

... It's a pretty bad counter for Jace.  As a primarily Jace player,  I've bribed quite a few Niv Mizzet's.   I think this is probably tied with Sarkhan as the worst decks in the game.

I don't think anyone said it's a good deck, and I didn't say it owns Jace, but the deck does have burn, bounce, and several creatures with targeting abilities, which makes it better suited against Jace than it is against other decks. Bribery doesn't always work when they bounce Niv back to their hand. And like I said, play MR FRAID's version of the deck, not the 'sac a creature at end of turn' version that idiots seem to like.

I was irritated..now I've calmed down...I think I might have found a way to make this deck work...but it's all about stalling...I'm just not used to stalling in a deck with a load of damage instants....more to come.