Cleared Data for ME3

Hey all,

I beat ME2 back when it first came out.  Recently, I purchased the three story downloads - Overlord, LotSB, and Arrival - and just finished my second playthrough.... (well, sort of.)  Before I began my second playthrough, I read somewhere (don't remember if it was here or on the Bioware forums) that the story would make "more sense" playing Overlord and LotSB during the campaign, but wait to play Arrival until after I beat the main story.  So I'm doing that.

I just finished the Suicide Mission, everyone lived, told TIM to take a hike, and watched the credits.  After the credits concluded, I was prompted with two choices:

A. continue playing from here to explore the galaxy and finish undone missions, or-

B. go to Main Menu and start a fresh campaign with your current Shepard's stats, guns, armor, resources and credits.

So here's my question.  On ME1, there is a "ghost save" that is made after every conclusion of your campaign, containing all your choices that you made along the way.  And when ME2 came out, you used that "Ghost Save" and imported your Shepard, with all the info of what you accomplished from the first game.  After beating ME2 just now, when I saw that screen asking me which choice do I want, A or B --- I imagine that an ME2 "ghost save" was just created so that I can import over to ME3.

But the thing is.... I haven't completed Arrival yet.  I saved it for last because of the recommendations of a few people stating that the "Arrival" mission is best completed after you beat the main story.  But since that "Cleared Data Save" or "Ghost Save" was already created, are my decisions on Arrival going to be omitted from that "Imported Save" because I never completed Arrival until AFTER the "GhostSave" was created?  Hope you guys and gals understand what I'm trying to say because I don't know how else to explain what I'm asking. ;)

thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

ME2 doesn't create a "ghost save" that ypu can not access like ME1 did. If you continue playing - select A - the import data will be based on ANY save slots created after the suicide mission.

That's good news!  Thanks a million, Schuey!  I thought I was gonna have to go back to a previous save slot before the Suicide Mission and play Arrival from there.  That's a load off my mind.  Thanks again, sir!

ps. I have VERY much enjoyed all the downloadable missions.  Very good.  I'm almost done with Arrival.

I'm curious as to what the differences are going to be based on the decisions you make in 'Arrival'.  Sounds like, no matter what the outcome, you're going to find yourself in court at the beginning of ME3 anyway.  Are The Batarians going to be loyal to you in the next game because you warned them that you're about to destroy one of their systems?

I assume so, which is why I chose to warn them.  But it always seems that you're on 'thin ice' during conversations with Batarians throughout ME1 & ME2.  That's what I like about them.  They are easily pushed over the edge and won't hesitate to pick a fight with Shepard.

Which reminds me... I hope Bioware doesn't forget that my Shepard is still waiting patiently for another meeting with Balak.  Shepard's got a 'loose end' that needs tying!  I have a bullet with Balak's name on it!

[quote user="Arkham99"] Are The Batarians going to be loyal to you in the next game because you warned them that you're about to destroy one of their systems?[/quote]Why on earth would you warn the batarians? Never met a batarian I didn't want to see dead a minute after meeting them

It just seemed like the 'Paragon' thing to do...:-)

Sure it seems the 'paragon' thing to do, doesn't mean it's necessarily the 'right' thing to do .

Interesting that HERO SMURF brought up Balak.  I was wondering about his reappearance in ME3 myself, ironic though, he was probably one of the more mellow Batarians in the game.  If you killed Balak, the other Batarian who you met earlier on Asteroid X57 would assume command.  Having made this deal with him, you'd think that he'd owe you a favour and perhaps help out in the fight against The Reapers...:-)

I let him go to save the hostages.  So I too am curious to see if Bioware won't forget put him in ME3.

More often than not I've let him go to save the hostages, but I have killed him (and the other batarian) a couple of times.