Cleared Cache = Restart Achievements?

Today I cleared my system cache because my game was freezing whenever it wanted to connect to EA. Anyways, I installed it to my hard drive and jumped right into a MP game. Right when I killed a guy, it said 1/5000 for the 5,000 kill achievement. Is this supposed to happen? WTF?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I have never cleared my cache but for every update I have received my count on all my achievements has reset even on the ones I have already got??? 5000 kills back to the beginning 2 maybe 3 times not happy.

[quote user="smileskybird"]

I brought my slim 250GB console new early 2010 and have never used the clear cache function. What does it do? I've noticed recently that it takes longer to load my friends page.

[/quote]

Stores game patches you download when starting up a game.  Too many can clog your system up and cause it to be slower.

[quote user="C45T4N3D4"]

i clear my cache every few days. never had any issues. weird.

[/quote]

Why so often?

I haven't cleared my cache in about 15 months and I haven't had any issues with any of my games.

I brought my slim 250GB console new early 2010 and have never used the clear cache function. What does it do? I've noticed recently that it takes longer to load my friends page.

It's a known issue with ME 3, why they did it this way I have no clue.I don't know of any other game that has this problem.

Clearing your cache means you erase all progress towards certain achievements. Anything that's following progress for ME will be reset to 0 instead of what you had.

i clear my cache every few days. never had any issues. weird.