Chopper Lines

So a question for those of you who have played more BF multiplayer than me.

I finished playin a conquest game earlier tonight, and started off by hopping in the chopper, hovering over 2 bases, and taking out a tank before i hit a damn tower.  All that took maybe 4 mins.  Anyways, I respawn, and there's (no exaggeration) 6 guys standing around the chopper pad.  So i figure I don't have a shot at gettin it again, so i hop in a tank and head back into the fight.  5 minutes later, I get killed again, respawn at Deployment xone, and one of the six guys has the tank, has blown up every other vehicle, and it just so happened the chopper respawned as I started to hoof it.  I hear an explosion, turn around, and the guy with the tank, has shot down the chopper as another dude was attempting to fly it away.  Checked the battlelog after the game, and it appears both teams must have been doing this.  The guy with the most kills had 5 kills.

So my question is... will this go awaay after the novelty has wore off, or will it pretty much stay this way?  I only played BFBC2 for a few hours, but I'm diggin BF3, but you have to rely on your team, and when half of them are being morons every game, there isn't much action for either side.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hate the jerks who camp for jets and helicopters. They don't realize that we need people on the ground. Everytime I try to play a Conquest match, we always lose because we have too many people in the air not doing anything to help us. They're always trying to dog-fight and stuff like that. Look, if all you want to do is have jet battles, go buy ACE COMBAT!

Thats why every now and then i love an infantry server <3

[quote user="Jedi Knight GZ"]

OP, this will happen at times in BF. you just have to get used to dorks. I got blown up by a jeep ramming my jet head on. Funny thing was, this guy was 2 flags away from the main base, jumped into a jeep and took off toward the home base. I thought he was going to grab the flag, so at first i paid him no mind. I died, respawned in the jet, started down the road and next thing I know I see the same jeep coming straight at me. Had I known that was his intention, I would have opened fire. Funny thing is, I waited in the spawn screen (he lived) and spawned in the jet and laughed as he watched me take off.

[/quote]

LOL... love it when that happens.  I'll sit for maybe 30 seconds and wait for a chopper, (don't really like jets) but that's it.  If in that time, more than one more team mate shows up to wait, I just head back into the battle.  Don't know why ppl have to be like that, but it's just not worth ruining my own fun level for.

OP, this will happen at times in BF. you just have to get used to dorks. I got blown up by a jeep ramming my jet head on. Funny thing was, this guy was 2 flags away from the main base, jumped into a jeep and took off toward the home base. I thought he was going to grab the flag, so at first i paid him no mind. I died, respawned in the jet, started down the road and next thing I know I see the same jeep coming straight at me. Had I known that was his intention, I would have opened fire. Funny thing is, I waited in the spawn screen (he lived) and spawned in the jet and laughed as he watched me take off.

[quote user="awtacular"]

i didn't know your able to blow up your own players vehicles in this one. in previous ones you could, but i have yet to see it in any of the modes i've played unless your talking about hardcore or somthing. it kinda makes me angry that u cant cause i hate when i have a vehicle rigged with c4 and and attempting to drive it into a enemy tank or group of enemies and bale out and blow it up and all the sudden someone on my team spawns in it and i cant blow it up while he is in it. kind of a flaw if you ask me, just like not being able to go to the opponents spawn and lay down some claymores or c4 on their vehicles. or for that matter even be able to take their vehicles like in modern combat 2.

[/quote]

yes because not being about to kill your team mates is now considered a flaw.

Face/Palm

I don't think you can blow up team mate vehicles, but in the case of flying vehicles, you can push them off course, and over-balance them from the impact, causing them to crash.

Waiting is completely useless.   If it aint there at the lobby, go make yourself useful.

People do this for jets as well. I was practicing flying jets last night and whenever I got killed I just sat at the deploy screen until the jet respawned. As soon as it did I quickly spawned in to it and also noticed that there was someone waiting on the runway for it. Did this a couple of times and I know the guy started getting frustrated, lol. i'll never wait in line like these people do and will jump in to one if I see it at the deploy screen.

i didn't know your able to blow up your own players vehicles in this one. in previous ones you could, but i have yet to see it in any of the modes i've played unless your talking about hardcore or somthing. it kinda makes me angry that u cant cause i hate when i have a vehicle rigged with c4 and and attempting to drive it into a enemy tank or group of enemies and bale out and blow it up and all the sudden someone on my team spawns in it and i cant blow it up while he is in it. kind of a flaw if you ask me, just like not being able to go to the opponents spawn and lay down some claymores or c4 on their vehicles. or for that matter even be able to take their vehicles like in modern combat 2.

DOMPH, I had no idea there was another Ace Combat until I just saw it in your recent games.  You've made my day. Seems I have some shopping to do.