Chip bags offering codes for 3 matches of double xp?

I was at walmart the other day and I saw chip bags with codes for up to 3 matches of double xp what gives? Am I the only one that finds this incredibly cheap? I know in halo xp usually just unlocks stuff for character looks but it's still determins your rank and I think people should earn their stripes instead of buying them it's almost to the point in games where you pay to win thats just how I feel about games anymore.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

it's still stupid, your still getting extra xp that you didn't earn through blood and competition it takes the fun and spirit out of games it's didn't always used to be about corperate publicity.

In truth, that's kind of what it boils down to. But in a sense it does cut down on boosting. Spend money instead of minutes. Its ridiculous though, the evolution of competitive online gaming doesn't look too promising to me.

Thats just another game type right? They are still fighting to earn the XP are they not?

[quote user="PIRATE DUCK"]

*reads fine print* "no purchase necessary" interesting what a little reading can reveal. you could also just write down the codes from the bags in the back.

[/quote]

That's stealing. No purchase necessary means you can write to them and they'll send you a code.

I went from SR5 to SR27 in one night on a bag of Jacked Hot Wing Doritos. 7,000+ xp for going 29-3 in slayer

[quote user="ShadowWo1fAlpha"]

I was at walmart the other day and I saw chip bags with codes for up to 3 matches of double xp what gives? Am I the only one that finds this incredibly cheap? I know in halo xp usually just unlocks stuff for character looks but it's still determins your rank and I think people should earn their stripes instead of buying them it's almost to the point in games where you pay to win thats just how I feel about games anymore.

[/quote]*reads fine print* "no purchase necessary" interesting what a little reading can reveal. you could also just write down the codes from the bags in the back.

Doesn't take the fun out of it for me. We still have tons of specializations to rank up later anyway. Get over it.

Anyone who thinks this is okay I do not consider a gammer I think it's pathetic and stupid games are about practicing and getting better and earning the ability to call yourself good not purchasing free handouts thats all anyone seems to whant anymore an achievement for completing a mission? I was unaware completing level one of any game was a feat, you get special weapons because of pre orders you. You people are buying crap that used to be included in the games original price you pay 60$ for buggy glitched crap that they will fix by taking up space on your hardrive and then get DLC when you beat it in a couple of hours. What has happened to the game industry? It is so pathetic these days.

XP through blood and competition doesn't even matter if you get a ton more xp in Spartan Ops matchmaking normally than in Multiplayer even more with the Dew XP....

[quote user="Korahn 27"]

oooh, Hot Wing Doritos sound good.  I've only seen the points on Nacho Cheese ones around here.  3 matches on small bags, 6 on large ones.  However, I've not seen a single bottle of promotional Mountain Dew in local stores.  And no, I don't buy them just for the double xp - I like mah doritos.

[/quote]

The hot wings are in the black bag. The "bigger more bolder" Doritos. lol 12 games of double xp for one bag. Although I live in New Mexico so the chip aisle here is full of hot chips.