China Rising Issue Ignored.

So, its over a week since i paid for and downloaded China Rising, Its in my game folder yet the game just wont see it. I have tried redownloading and everything yet it still will not work.

There are many people on both EA and Dice forums with this issue yet theres no replies from either company on a possible fix. I even contacted xbox live customer support for a refund and it was passed to the Xbox Customer Care Advocacy Team who didn't even read the problem i was having correctly, they say theres no refund for my premium issue, well of course not, i dont have premium! That doesnt change the fact that the DLC still does not work. I even asked if it would be possible to get back the money spent on just the broken DLC then pay for premium since i have friends playing with premium who have no problems playing the new maps, yet this reply has so far gone unanswered.

Over all i feel let down not only by dice / EA but also xbox live for the poor handling of the situation and that theres noone even addressing the issue let alone offering answers or solutions. The guy i first spoke to on customer support before it got sent to the Xbox Customer Care Advocacy Team agreed that there was no solution available after over an hour trying to find one.

So if neither EA / dice have any solutions or are not even addressing the issue and xbox live customer support are not even reading the issue reports correctly, then what happens?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you're premium you get to play the map packs 2 weeks earlier than those who do not have premium. It could be this. If not than I'm not sure what your issue is. Have you tried downloading it through the game? The game detects you have the license on your console and then will prompt to let you download it then. Otherwise it's something with EA.

China rising was released for non premium players on the 17th, so the DLC should be playable, but as stated the game does not see the DLC as being there.

Are you on the 360 or the ONE?

If you're on the ONE, whether your disc is in the drive or not go to "My Apps & Games".

Hit the menu button over "Battlefield 4" and select "View Add Ons".

This shall list all the add on content you've got for the game.

What does it say when you do this?

I have the same problem, and your right there is no answer from anyone.

Xbox 360 Azrael. and aye McFit, EA / Dice dont reply, have seen a few peeps say that EA customer support say to go back to xbox live customer support. Just shunting pillar to post but noones looking at the problem.

[quote user="excentrix"]

Xbox 360 Azrael. and aye McFit, EA / Dice dont reply, have seen a few peeps say that EA customer support say to go back to xbox live customer support. Just shunting pillar to post but noones looking at the problem.

[/quote]

Are you really far in the campaign?

If that's not a big deal for you why not try deleting the game and the DLC from your hard drive and starting with fresh installs.

Install the game from the disc.  Once that's done go to your Download history and re-download "China Rising".

Is that any help?

Nope, tried that and nothing, also clearing the cache and redownloading the patch b4 the DLC then the DLC b4 the patch etc, nothing works.

That sucks. 

Have you been speaking with EA Tech Support?

That's the only thing I've every liked about EA.  I hate that they throw a "shop" into practically every game but it does mean that they can afford generally good Customer Support.

That's where I'd be going now.  Sometimes you get someone who's not that useful.  When that happens it's probably worth ringing through again.

Let us know how you get on.

EA's customer support has to be the worst out there.  On the One, there is an achievement in FIFA 14, that if you unlocked it on the 360, you can't unlock it on the One.  EA's response to multiple threads in regards to this was, "Talk to Xbox Live Support about it."   Brilliant.

I feel your pain, OP.

Seems to be they're response to most xbox related issues :/