Child account purchase of avatar items

Hello My family participates in the Family Gold membership plan, and I'm having difficulty trying to get an avatar outfit for my son. My son is 5yrs old and has a gamer tag that is setup as a child account under my profile with some restrictions. He was very excited to see the Batman avatar items. I wanted to enable him to purchase the outfit, so I used the family center to transfer 400 msp to his account. When we login as his gamer tag, that content appears to be unavailable. I suspect it is related to status or restrictions on his account as a minor, and this makes sense to me for items like **** rifles or zombie limbs =) I don't let my son play Batman AA/AC yet, but we've had great fun with Lego Batman. What options do I have here to provide this content to my son, if possible? Is there a change I could temporarily make to his account to enable that content? Or, if I purchase the avatar item with a license tied to the console, would he be able to see/equip it on that console somehow? Thanks for any ideas/suggestions. Need this for the 'Awesome Dad' achievement ;)

Question Info

Last updated October 19, 2018 Views 475 Applies to:

Hey there Tonguer! So we're looking to get your son's avatar all Batman-ified I see. First, I'd like to say don't buy it on another account, as avatar content is tied to the account that purchases it. You wouldn't be able to share it with your son.

Now, you say you're on your son's account and you can't find the item, correct? Does this mean you can't see the ad on the Dashboard, or you load up the Avatar Marketplace and look for it in there? Let me know, thanks! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's an M rated game and due to the age the account is set it will restrict contenet themed for more adult audiences and prohibit download of them (for examplle you won't be able to download Gears of war 3 content on that account as that is for a more matur audience) You won't see any adds or content for games lower than the age the account is given

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Terre, this is kind of what I suspected. Can I alter the age setting on the account temporarily to work around this?

Gwyther, I can see the Batman collection in the avatar marketplace logged in as my son, but selecting it offers no items and displays a message (paraphrase) 'there is nothing in here'. I can get the exact message when I  am back at my console if helpful.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again. Unfortunately no, there is no way to change the age on the account. Also, exactly how are you looking for this content; are you going through the game marketplace and look in extras, or going directly to the avatar marketplace? If avatar marketplace, are you looking under a promotion section, or under games > Batman? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here, except it is for my brother.  He just wants the Batman: AC costume, but we go through the avatar marketplace and it says "no items are available for you avatar.  Please check back later."  Help!

Sorry this didn't help.