Checkpoint reloading problems?

Anyone have any trouble with the checkpoints? The game loads fine when selecting a file, but when I die or manually reload a checkpoint, I have trouble half the time. Either the game sits on the loading screen forever, never loading (not frozen), or there is some glitch after it loads (unable to equip and use a weapon slot). I've only noticed this on my second playthrough though. The first time around, I can't remember any problems. Anyone noticing this on New Game+ or Zealot difficulty??--That's what I'm playing.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Same question on the General Discussion forums which has more activity between me and the OP:    forums.xbox.com/.../41256.aspx  For those who may have more to contribute.

[quote user="isturbo1984"]

Anyone have any trouble with the checkpoints? The game loads fine when selecting a file, but when I die or manually reload a checkpoint, I have trouble half the time. Either the game sits on the loading screen forever, never loading (not frozen), or there is some glitch after it loads (unable to equip and use a weapon slot). I've only noticed this on my second playthrough though. The first time around, I can't remember any problems. Anyone noticing this on New Game+ or Zealot difficulty??--That's what I'm playing.

[/quote]no problem here bro idk

I had the same problem on my 5th play-through. You just have to beat it without dying or save as much as possible. On my 6th play-through the problem stopped. Now I'm on my seventh Zealot play-through (not to mention the 2 play-throughs on Hardcore and one on Survivalist.

[quote user="Thookins"]

Have you tried calling it names while shaking it like a newborn?

[/quote]wow yeah i dont think thats an option lol shake for wat to get the dust off or calling it wat to make it cry and clean it self lol :)

[quote user="Thookins"]

[quote user="KID X R3V3NG3"]i was makin a joke bro chill out lol[/quote]Same here.

[/quote]lol

That's the first time I've heard of it.  What's the condition of your disc?  Any deep scratches or micro-cracks?  Have you tried installing it to you HD?  I highly suggest trying that.  Note you have to install both discs.  Have you tried spitting on it and cleaning it?  Have you tried calling it names while shaking it like a newborn?

[quote user="KID X R3V3NG3"]

[quote user="Thookins"]

[/quote]wow yeah i dont think thats an option lol shake for wat to get the dust off or calling it wat to make it cry and clean it self lol :)

[/quote]Really?  Every time a 360 crashes because the hardware goes out, Microsoft's 2nd step when you call 1-800-4MY-XBOX is to have you shake it in a counterclockwise manner for 45 seconds.  They first ask you to check the connections, of course.  This baby shaking method worked for me the first time, but not the second time.  It was crazy, after I shook it in the manner described above it worked!  When I asked how that could have possibly helped, the representative told me it clears the dust particles from the motherboard and in turn allows the system to breath.  Maybe I should have shook my second Xbox in a normal clockwise manner...  Damn it!  Why didn't I think of that?  I might very well be on my third Xbox when I don't need to be.  Let me go shake my still crashed 2nd 360 in a clockwise manner and I'll get back to you.

[quote user="Thookins"]I'll get back to you.[/quote]

It lives!

[view:http://toons.artie.com/halloween/arg-frankenstink-488x338-url.gif] 

And it only took 3 baby shaking sessions!  2 clockwise, and one counterclockwise.  Now what am I going to do with 2 360's?

[quote user="KID X R3V3NG3"]i was makin a joke bro chill out lol[/quote]Same here.

[quote user="Thookins"]

[quote user="KID X R3V3NG3"]

[quote user="Thookins"]

[/quote]Really?  Every time a 360 crashes because the hardware goes out, Microsoft's 2nd step when you call 1-800-4MY-XBOX is to have you shake it in a counterclockwise manner for 45 seconds.  They first ask you to check the connections, of course.  This baby shaking method worked for me the first time, but not the second time.  It was crazy, after I shook it in the manner described above it worked!  When I asked how that could have possibly helped, the representative told me it clears the dust particles from the motherboard and in turn allows the system to breath.  Maybe I should have shook my second Xbox in a normal clockwise manner...  Damn it!  Why didn't I think of that?  I might very well be on my third Xbox when I don't need to be.  Let me go shake my still crashed 2nd 360 in a clockwise manner and I'll get back to you.

[/quote]i was makin a joke bro chill out lol