Cheaters Ruin Gameplay

HelloEveryone,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I for one am tired of being bothered by these annoying people and their unfair antics which ruin our fun experience.  I'm trying to figure out what can be done about these annoying gamers who ruin our gameplay with these hacks, mods, and infections?? Seems like every time you go online to play COD in particular Modern Warfare these people are there with their gt and a url line in your face during matches and effecting our game play. There are a multitude of different things I have experienced that are problematic to fair fun gaming.  People floating above the playing field like helicopters, people running around under the playfield shooting up through the ground and killing you that you cant shoot back at. There are high jumpers who can leap higher than any object in the game map, people who have unlimited grenade launcher ammo. They have radar on all enmies at all times so they know where you are without having to hunt you down.  They have auto lock aiming so no matter how you try to avoid their bullets you can't, they become invincible while you become DEAD.

If you view their gamer card there is a button to file a complaint, although there is no way for X-Box live to know why or what you are complaining about. If anyone looks at the leaderboards the top approx 390 people have the same IMPOSSIBLE score, also the top 325 have 2,147,483,647 wins maybe that isnt strange enough. How about if their srteak is 2,147,483,647 ?? Or then you have the truely Amazing players with a ratio of 0.00 yet share that same 10 digit number for wins losses and streak. WOW how ironic is that? There are alot of them whose player name even says "COD4HACK". We have world rank #11 who is level 1 the Player name "CODHACKS Lev1" this player has the same 10digit number for Wins Losses & Streak. In fact if you look at the leaderboards through the game menu in your console (takes a long time) you would be hard pressed to find a real set of numbers any where in the top 42,000 (i tired of looking).  i am ranked 4,766,580 in the world with 211 wins 368 losses a ratio of 0.57 and a streak of 11 my score is ranked 83,630 @ 16,183,134 points I never did prestige yet I entered a game and upon seeing lots of people flying though the air above building height the match was in progress and ened less than a minute from my enterance. Ileft the lobby and joined another only to find that i am now the highest level possible. I fought long and hard for what I earned, only to be cheated of leveling more on my own. I now appear like one of them due to my rank with only 59 hours of play time.

This is not fair nor is it fun to have your efforts of fairplay and earned passsage to be stripped from you by these people who have decided to cheat not only themselves but alll of us as a gaming world by their lack of consideration for proper gaming. If you search the web there are hundreds of links to these cheats and lots of videos on you tube showind you how to use them. This is wrong!!

What can we do to curb this annoyance which has plagued our gaming experience?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i highly recommend that you dont post a story..people will get annoyed on here..keep it to a short paragraph..and not only cheats have ruined this game..the worse thing about it is quick scopers who take the pee out of auto aim

wow your all over the place i've seen some of your arguements with others. If people dont like stories they wouldnt be in Forums reading them. I have had several private replies to this thread. quick scopers at least play the game they even set up games for quick scoping only. I was trying to make a point which is the first time I've been on here. it worked the only one with a complaint was you. modz and infections ruin game play and the more people file complaints instead of just leaving the better chance of ridding them

i agree with you but quick scoping is my favorite thing to do i mean if an m40a3 were to go against the mp5 im already screwed the sniper has delayed time that they need to scope in and if the miss they leave the scope and have more delayed timing but if you can kill in one shot you deserve the kill with an mp5 you can shoot until its time to reload because snipers arent overpowered they should be one shot one kill guns and if they werent who the hell would use them

I do agree with your primary point. But unfortunatly hackers, boosters and modders are part of every popular game. Its rampant in all major titles. Its only going to get worse this fall. I would advise reporting who you suspect doing it, but it ultimately that does no good. Microsoft can't/won't police its online games for every offender. They either lack the manpower or willpower, example of that is by not going after the "IMPOSSIBLE" score or "COD4HACK" players. Its terrible seeing how you pay for the service and Microsoft doesn't care, but it beats PSN. That is really what Microsoft banks on.

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT ON COD WORLD AT WAR YOU CANT FIND A LOBBY THAT DOESNT HAVE A GUY RUNNING A MOD WHERE HE CAN FLY THREW THE AIR AND NOT DIE IT RUINS EVERYONES FUN . AND WHEN I TOLD THE CHEATER GUY THAT HE WAS GARBAGE FOR CHEATING HE TOLD ME WELL ITS AN OLD GAME WHO CARES I CARE. BECAUSE EVEN THOW YOU CAN BUY IT FOR 20 BUCKS NOW DAYS I PAID 60 AND 20 DOLLARS THREE DIFFRENT TIMES FOR MAPS SO 120 DOLLERS AND I STILL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH CHEATERS ? WHY LET THEM TAKE OVER THE OLDER SERVERS THATS LIKE TAKEING A HILL IN BATTLE THEN GIVING IT RIGHT BACK TO THE ENEMY IF YOU INFORCE THE RULES WHEN THE GAME IS NEW THEN DO IT WHEN THE GAME IS OLD THANK YOU FOR LISTING

cod games don`t have their own servers,they run on microsofts.

y dont watch cod4 any more check out guilty trex hes hostin mod menus all the time!!

Hey Owen. Just curious here. A little while back, when "trying" to play COD4, what was the message that kept poping up, "Unknown error at IW server"? I thought game developers had their own servers, or "rented" them from M$.

That's why I have always said to just shut down the servers on these hacked games, indefinately, or until the crap can be fixed.

P.S.: Somewhere in these forums, someone posted (maybe Orion), that the COD4 forum was no more on the IW website. I went to check it out myself. After I went through the birthdate thing to get on website, this message popped up, "Your IP address has been permanently banned from this website"! What the Hell is this? I have NEVER been to the IW website! After numerous times at trying to get on, (thinking I wasn't doing something right), I got the same message, I just gave up........ Anyone else have this problem or have tried to get on the forums of the IW website?.....

the iw website for cod4 was apparently shut down recently,thats why you can`t get on.

none of the cod games have their own server ,they are run through xbox live and proccesed through your console.

i`m not exactly sure how this happens but this is the reason cod games have so many problems.

games like halo and battlefied have independent servers and so are hacker free.

Thanks Owen. I wondered how that (servers) worked. What do you mean by independent servers. Are these servers that the game developers own/control or are they tied in shomehow with Microsoft servers, or are they one in the same?