cheaters/ modders look out

Man I am tired of all the cheating/ modding. I report all that I come in contact with to the Enforcement team so they can determine if they are clean. I know that when gammers Mod their Xbox console it is easy for the Enforcement team to pick up on this but what about modded controlers ? Can anyone from the Enforcement Team or anyone else have a answer on this. Thanks sling shot 95

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote]

12.  Service Operation and Equipment.

The Service may only be accessed with an Authorized Device or by logging into your account via Xbox.com. You agree that you are using only authorized software and hardware to access the Service, that your software and hardware have not been modified in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads), and that we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Service for the express purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification.  Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Service, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware or software associated with the Service or with an original Xbox or Xbox 360 console is strictly prohibited and may result in cancellation of your account and/or your ability to access the Service, and the pursuit of other legal remedies by Microsoft.  Microsoft may take any legal action it deems appropriate against users who violate Microsoft's systems or network security, this contract or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in this contract, and such users may also incur criminal or civil liability.

[/quote]

Terms of Use

Looking at the title of the thread and your last game played...I wasn't surprised.

Concerning “hackers’, cheaters and modders in these games, you need to complain to Infinity Ward about them.  Go to their website and complain about it to them there and maybe they’ll take care of the problem.

Why would infinity ward have to do anything about it? It is up to MS to ban users that do not use the proper controller and consoles to play games. It is vary easy to spot modded controllers in a game. And people with lag switches. Live should disconnect you if you are having huge packet loss and lagging like crazy. XBOX/LIVE needs to stop all these people and start banning them. MS says they do but there is not one report on the net of this happening. I like the mods answer to the problem. (Don't complain to us, blame the makers of the game). <<BS.

(Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Service, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware or software associated with the Service or with an original Xbox or Xbox 360 console is strictly prohibited and may result in cancellation of your account and/or your ability to access the Service, and the pursuit of other legal remedies by Microsoft.) <<< (BY MICROSOFT)

As far as I know there is no way for MS to detect if someone is using a modified controller or not unless you get the suspected person to admit to it in a message and report their communications, which is what I did when I saw someone on MW2 who was obviously using one. He was firing the FAL impossibly fast for it being semi auto only. After a few messages between us I got him to openly admit to it and reported him.

[quote user="MISFITSWITCH"]

Why would infinity ward have to do anything about it? It is up to MS to ban users that do not use the proper controller and consoles to play games. It is vary easy to spot modded controllers in a game. And people with lag switches. Live should disconnect you if you are having huge packet loss and lagging like crazy. XBOX/LIVE needs to stop all these people and start banning them. MS says they do but there is not one report on the net of this happening. I like the mods answer to the problem. (Don't complain to us, blame the makers of the game). <<BS.

(Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Service, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware or software associated with the Service or with an original Xbox or Xbox 360 console is strictly prohibited and may result in cancellation of your account and/or your ability to access the Service, and the pursuit of other legal remedies by Microsoft.) <<< (BY MICROSOFT)

[/quote]Yeah, but who's job is it to prevent these mods happening on THEIR game in the first place?  Infinity Ward left their game wide open for modders, Microsoft can't fix that.   

Yes it's Microsoft's job to weed out the modders, glitchers, hackers, cheats.  That's what they are doing to the best of their abilities.  It's in their own best interests to do so.  Obviously you think they're not doing a good enough job, but I ask you this.  Hypothetically, if you had a reasonable budget, could you monitor 35 million user, and sniff out egregious behaviour any better than what is already being done?  If not, then don't make comments such as that.

I noticed that you have a Battlefield Bad Company 3 picture in your sig.  The second (and first) game in that series is a perfect example of keeping modders out of your game.  Something Activision does not seem to care about in their flagship series.  

I see you're playing CoD.

First off there are not 30mil people playing on COD only about 6,000 at a time. And when there are over 30-40 reports that someone is using a modded system or controller it is vary easy to find them. At this point MS should step in and do something about it. I do not even care anymore, I have moved on to homefront. Then BF3 next, I will not support COD add on's or the next game. Their code is old and will be the same as the last game. Vary easy to cheat. Also the only way you can MOD the game is to use a modded console witch MS CAN DETECT VARY EASY, but you do not see 100,000 reports of people being ban for using them. MS just wants that live money to keep rolling in. 35,000,000x$50 a year=$1,750,000,000 why would MS ban anyone if you look at it like this. MICRO$OFT. I love MS but they just need to get these youtube watching (HOW TO MOD) kids off live and out of the online games.

Yes I agree I report any Gamer that I think is cheating and I wright there Gamer tag down to see if they get band when I check the Suspended Accounts Forum. I was told by a fellow Gamer that has Friends that work for Microsoft they say that when a complaint is filed  Microsoft checks the complaint out and if the gamer has a modded console Microsoft takes action.But Microsoft cannot detect a modded controler.If someone from the enforcement team would answer this question it would help.

Do Members of the Enforcement team ever answer our questions? Is there a part of the Forum that we can get answers to our problems from the Enforcement Team ?

No they do not answer questions. Reason is if they did they would have way more work than they currently have. They spend their time following up reports and playing games like COD where they catch people red handed. They would need total proof of modded controllers in order to ban people. The only example I know of of someone possibly getting banned is when they advertised in their bio that they supplied modded controllers. So I think the only way someone would get banned is if they made a slipup and accidentally dobbed themselves via advertising the fact.