Charged $100. for a game not there?

I received an invoice for a game today that we already have on disc bought from eb games in Australia. I checked the purchase history on my credit card and the xbox and it sais its been downloaded but when i take our already bought game out of the console and hit re-download it wont play unless theres a disc inserted.The only downloading that would have been done is the mandatory updates and transferring it to the hard drive when we were having issues with discs not being read properly and we xferred games to help them load faster.

What on earth did i get charged 100 bucks for?  Its not like the game was purchased online as it cant be played without the disc we already own anyway...

I certainly didnt order it as we own it already..i have no idea how on earth this has been ordered and you have my hard eared 100 bucks and theres nothing at all to show for it..what is going on? I have cancelled my credit card and gold membership over this for my accounts and my children..I would apreciate a timely reply or I will be reporting fraudulent activity over this to my bank as i am very concerned.The address from the invoice is from singapore?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

In regard to the playing issue. When you install a game from the disc you'll need to have that in to show that you own the game. When bought from the marketplace the 'disc check' is built into the image.

So to play the game without having the disc in the drive you'll need to delete the install you made from the disc and then download the one from the marketplace.

Now if you didn't buy this game in the first place you'll need to open an Unauthorised Access case with your local support line http://support.xbox.com/pages/call-us.aspx and they'll investigate your claims. They'll be able to tell on which console(s) your account has been active and where in the world it was used.

If you've not had to recover your account though it doesn't sound as if anyone got access to your profile. The email 'invoioces' I get for points and games tend to be marked with a location in Germany, whereas I live in the UK, so it might be worth checking to see if anyone with access to your console 'accidentally' bought the download when browsing the marketplace for DLC.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can also go to Billing.Microsoft.com for a detailed list of things that your account has ever purchased from the XBL Marketplace.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.